• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your childs favorite part of your Disney Vacation?

:dog: :paw: :dog: :listen:

I am sure my dd's favorite parts too will be the pools and monorail..I can see her now. LOL
Only 108 days to go!!!

Can't wait!!! :banana:

For my daughter I think the biggest high was the first -- the first meeting with characters at Chef Mickeys and then the first glimpse of the Castle as you enter the Magic Kingdom and see it waaaaay up Main Street.

DS 7 is a "macho" kind of guy and he cried during Wishes because he thought it was so beautiful.

DS 5 loved Test Track the best. There were minimal crowds that day and he went on it from 9-11 am. I lost track of how many times

DS 1 loved to walk through sliding doors the best. At Epcot he spent hours walking in and out of Innoventions. Thank goodness they don't pay at that age

Some of these are too funny! When my DD went when she was 9 months old, it was It's a Small World and Figment at Epcot. I can't wait to see what she will think next month when we go (at almost 2.5 years). When were at the Boardwalk several weeks ago, she literally shook with excitement over the rides. Isn't this what Disney is all about? Seeing that wonder in their beautiful eyes!

Oh my goofness I am not sure there is anyway I could name just one. He loved WDW as much as I do !! When we fist took him he was only 5 and he thought that the Buzz lightyear ride was too good to be true. When he was six I believe the Neverland CLub was one of his favorite. Last trip in May would have had to been he was finally big enough to ride RNR - and like the others we had to ride it over and over, the trip next month he will be 8 and his faovrite part will probably be showing his new little sister all the fun things even though she will only be 12 months old !! Such a good big brother.

We went for the first time in April.
DS9-Tot and RnR
Ds7-Test Track and Goofy
DD6-all the characters and Test Track
DD1-the bird show at MK and the parade
The older ones really enjoyed AK.We road the rapids 8 times in a row.No line.
Also,they all still talk about the Wishes cruise.They loved that.

We took DS last August for a quick trip - he was 16 months at the time. His favorite thing - running back and forth over the bridge in WL over the springs. He did that for 30 minutes while we waited for our room at the Polynesian!

For Ayden it was Cinderella giving him a kiss at breakfast. For me (last year was my first time) was feeling like a kid!

When DS1 was 1 it was seeing Spectro Magic Parade. He said, "see dat?" so many times - super excited, wide eyed and pointing. My favorite memory.

I'm going to share my DH's favourite memory. DH and DD share their birthday on Aug 31st. Last year on DD's 7th birthday (and DH's 39th) they both wore birthday buttons at MK. The CM on Splash Mtn noticed them and let them ride in the front of the log! DD turned to DH and said, " Daddy, this is our special birthday ride!" Well, now, thanks in part to that comment, we will be celebrating DD's 9th and DH's 41st birthdays at MK once again in Aug 2006.

My 8 yo dd favorite thing was her bday in the MK - Cruella DeVille said Happy Birthday to her during the parade (in a mean voice, without breaking character, too - it was hilarious!) Actually, many characters wished her happy birthday during the parade - definitely what she talks about the most from our last trip there!

for my youngest DD (3) --

making masks at Epcot, especially in England, because Mary Poppins hangs out there.

SHe also loves the monorail. Asks to ride it every day.

eating breakfast at the castle.

my older DS (15) would tell you Test Track, Mission Space, and Disney Quest. Maybe Typhoon Lagoon, too, LOL

my middle DS (10) is a little tougher, LOL...loves Buzz Lightyear, character meals, and all the stuff at Epcot. He's happy almost anywhere there is no thrill ride involved ;)

all 3 of my kids LOVE the Boardwalk entertainment in the evenings, and they would all tell you that listening to Off Kilter and sharing a bucket of popcorn is the absolute best.
:)

SO ma ny favorites, but overall our kids loved the characters and shows the best (which surprised us...we thought they'd be more into the rides)...but here is the breakdown anyway:

Fav ride = Buzz Lightyear ride in MK
Fav Show(s) = Lion King (AK) and Tarzan Rocks (AK)
Fav Character B'fast = Chef Mickey's
Fav Park = toss up between MK and AK
Fav place to see characters = The Studios (MGM)...we saw so many more characters here than anywhere else. Got 18 autographs and pics in one day (and it was a half day!)

And we stayed at AKL, so they LOVED the water slide at Uzima Pool.

For DD (7yrs old now) this past trip was doing her favourite things from last August's trip. But the crowds were bigger so we had to "get off the beaten path". Last year, we could ride Buzz a down times if we wanted to. This year, once then try something else. So her favourite things this year were "the something elses" - It's A Small World, Tom Sawyers Island, Carosel of Progress, and, believe it or not, Test Track! She'd never think of trying it last year but WOW! She loved trying the NEW things!

Sigh !
I miss the magic :guilty: :guilty: :guilty: :guilty: :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

Marathon 2007 ? :wave2:

Paul was 26 months old on our last trip in June (his 3rd time there). On this trip his very favorite thing was the Donald Duck play fountain at Saratoga Springs. He also LOVED the Rainforest Cafe and Festival of the Lion King.

My DD (6 on next trip) favs are as follows:

Test Track(first time Jan. '05)
Hotel Pool
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach
Hotel Pool
Fireworks
Hotel Pool
Princess meal
Hotel Pool (notice a trend here?)
Having her mom and grandma's undivided attention
and everyone spending the night together in one room.

25 days and counting! :grouphug:

Our favorite laugh had to be when we pulled into the complex and DD looked out her window and saw the entrance for WDW on her left, and on her right The golden arches. She said" Oh Look!! Disney World and McDonalds!!"

She loved just about everything dealing with the characters, some of the rides freaked her out a little bit but she loved Dumbo, and the cars, and Buzz Lightyear.

Last time we went the boys were 2 1/2 years and 11 months.
The 2 1/2 year old loved The Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
The 11 month old liked Pirates of The Carribean...until he fell asleep.He would knock out everytime we went on a dark ride :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter