What was your BEST Halloween costume?

rcyannacci

<font color="purple">A Feminist Princess...tiaras
What was your BEST Halloween costume?

I have two favorites. The first was when I was 7, and my mom bought me a light blue ballerina costume. She even made me a sparkly wand.

My favorite grown-up costume I put together one year while in college. I had access to the costume shop in the university theatre, and found a perfect 1920's dress and hat and dressed up like Daisy from The Great Gatsby.

When I was a kid - my older sister always got to pick the costume, and my mom would make it for her. I got that costume the next year. I never got to pick.

When I was in college - my roommate and I went as green M&M's we had a whole lot of fun that year. Of course, we were at State Street in Madison - with several thousand others. I probably killed a few brain cells that night!

My favorite costume that I've made for DD is a Wallet. Yes - she wanted to be a wallet. (It was a decision she made one Friday night at 11:45 pm while we were waiting for DH to come home from a week long business trip.) I delivered - but good. Most likely - that will be one of my favorites ever. Here's a pic:
f6742833.jpg

My fave was the year i went as a bag of jellybeans

i got a big clear garbage bag and cut leg holes
than i stuffed it with ballons and tied the top with shiny ribbon (so it looked like a twist tie) wish i had taken pictures

I was a jar of peanut butter, DH was a jar of jelly. We made large cardboard circles, with a hold for our heads to fit through, then attached a 'tube' of fabric (tan for mine, dark purple for his) and made letters out of felt saying JIF and Smuckers, etc. they were really cute, but hard to walk around in, impossible to get a drink to our mouths with the cardboard sitting on our shoulders. Wish I still had a pic of those.

My mom made the best Halloween costumes when I was a kid. One year I was a gypsy, another Miss Mars. I was dressed like an alien with a crown and Miss Mars sash.
When one of my boys was little he was dressed as a bee. I dresssed as a bee and wore a crown. I was the queen bee. :)

My best friend and I sometimes did costumes together. One year we were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, etc...that kind of thing. Then when we were 13, in 1992, we were into the "rock" group Nelson. They had just played a concert in our tiny little town, and we were obsessed with them. So we bought long blonde wigs, broke out the spandex, and made guitars out of cardboard. Looking back, that was sooooo cheezy, but yet one of my favorites!

I should post a picture. I'll have to find them.

I turned my DH into "Cousin It" from the Adam's Family. That friggin' costume took me almost a month to make :rolleyes: But, he looked awesome and won a prize for most creative at the party we went to. :flower:

My favorite was last year's costume - a martini. My mom and I made it because I didn't want to shell out the $50 for it at the costume shop.

Once I was a spanish fly. Another time I was a black eyed pea and finally I was Miss Alaineous. All were fun and easy costumes that sparked many comments from others! :teeth:

for my DD I made her a Potatoe head - complete with velcro parts to change around and a crown - LOVEd that costume!

the year my 5yo announced 5 days before Christmas that all he wanted was a Zorro costume. :earseek: This was back in the days when you couldn't just find ready-made costumes on the shelf, except at Halloween. So I bought some satin and cut a half circle for a cape and a left over scrap for the mask. Black turtleneck & black jeans for the outfit. Black coyboy boots. The best was the hat--a black fedora which I decorated with silver belt buckles(it looked very realistic) DS wore his Zorro outfit so much his teacher thought he was having "issues" :rotfl: What 5yo wears all-black everyday? :confused3 Mine...

Back in my younger (and slimmer) days I went to a Fraternity Halloween party dressed as the St. Paulie beer girl. (Had to use a few strategically placed tissues to get just the right effect, if you know what I mean!) I was quite a hit! It was a great costume, if I may say so myself!.............P

My mother was an excellent seamstress. She made me a Martha Washington costume once. I just loved that. I felt so historical in it.

I dressed up as Phantom from the Phantom of the Opera once in college.
No one knew who the heck I was (uneducated people!)

Another year I dressed up as Tinkerbelle
People thought I was the tooth fairy.

I swear, I went to college with some idiots.

My favorite costtume as a kid was one of those blue US mailboxes. Made a cut out for arms and head painted it to look like a blue mailbox and had the swing out mail opening with a bag inside to deposit the candy. Cute!

once, when I was in college, I went as an alien.

I wore a black turtleneck, black pants and black boots.

I used green makeup all over my face. I wrapped my hair in foil -- like you'd do if you were getting highlights. then I put on a headband with antennae.

and to top it all off...

I had a skirt, a dance costume -- it was sheer turquiose, with a gold lame waistband and gold lame on the hem -- which I wore as a poncho, with the waistband as a collar.

Being the anti-princess tomboy that I was growing up, I wanted to be Zorro one Halloween. I even made my own knife complete with magic marker blood from poster board. Well I had to be in the hospital for halloween having another operation as usual. But a reporter came by and called my mom and asked if he could take my picture for the local paper and she said yes. I still have the paper somewhere.

Not a Halloween costume, but in hs I dressed my freshman up as the "dot princess" for Freshman welcome, for our candy theme. It was based on those strips of paper with the candy dots on them. To make the outfit, I took a long piece of white felt and cut a hole in the top. I then took the material that you would make a loufah out of and attached the rows of dots. Add a tiara and wand with actual dot candy glued to it and you have the dot princess.

My favorite Halloween costume was the year I was a gameboy. Not a very mobile costume due to the giant box I wore, but it was really cool looking

It was a while after the movie Jaws came out, and I was dressed as a shark. It was a big costume that I made out of grey corduroy and it totally covered my face, except you could see me if you looked inside the mouth. Anyway, the best part was that under the costume I carried a tape recorder with the Jaws music on it, and I played that whenever I walked into a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter