What was your Best Disney find at a garage sale?

beebumble

DIS Veteran
Have you ever been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time?
I purchased ten Disney singalongs for $5.00
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I found talking Wiggles dolls (broken boxes) 7. each, disney watches 10. each, disney readalong tapes, case of about 6= 2., Princess tatoos 1., Disney bras (new-kids) 1., mickey outfits 5. each, princess dresses 8. Fleece Eeyore shirt 8. I think that's it.

I found the VHS of Fantasia - the old one
and Dumbo.

I had really wanted Fantasia and did not buy it when it was out.

Total spent 8.00

I got an original Figment doll from Epcot back in 82. The best part was, it was at the take it or leave it, so it was free.

Today I bought Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast Christmas and Hercules videos for .50 each.

I was so excited :p

I bought a whole bunch of originals(VHS) at a garage sale for .50 cents each!:)

Lets see

a vintage Epcot button (82)
2 70's placemats
a Polynesian mug
and some other stuff

I just got a Jasmin bike for my DD 4. It was a 16 in bike for $1.00.
It did need tires but my Dad fixed it up for her.

Cinderella castle toy normally $49.00 for $15.00 (new in unopened box).

The original winnie the pooh board game....$1...in excellent shape. It is the same game my DH and I both had as children. My plan is to make a mahoghany side table with it displayed under the glass top...

My fave find is an Epcot original logo keychain - I love it. I could care less about losing my keys, but I would be heart broken if I lost my keychain! I think I paid less than $1

I also found Kitchen Kabaret placemats at a thrift shop for $2 each.

My MIL loves garage sales and thrift shops - everytime we come home she has a box of disney stuff for us that she has found. We have lots of vhs, games, books, cd's, toys. She found the Disney classics cd collection for $10! (It's a 5 disc set) She always has light spinners for us-- I think that they make parents crazy when they get home, and so they end up at the garage sale.

After reading the "Ebay your way to Disney" threads.. I've told her she would do great at Ebaying her garage sale finds.. :)

--h

Mine would have to be a giant sized Minnie Mouse stuffed toy with the original $99 price tag on it. I got her for $5.

I also got several pins recently from Toy Story 2 and from 101 Dalmatians, plus a few others. They cost me 25 cents each. They came in a little pullstring velour black bag with Mickey embossed on the front. The bag was free.

Same yard sale.

I found 3 potato heads and the Potato Car for $1.00
Now I can go to DTD and fill the box with all Disney Parts and not the huge body!
Happy Father's Day
Hope everyone had a Disney Dad's Day
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I found about 7 color drawings from a Disney Pin artists, signed with the Magic Kingdom on them and 2 complete WDW ticket packets for about $3. We are going to have the drawings matted and framed and hang them up in our room. They are beautiful. I am assuming they were from the animation tour.

brand new Mickey Mouse lamp. The kind with a goose neck. The lamp shade was black in the shape of Mickey mouse ears hat, the base was red and yellow and even had a place for pencils... all for only $1.00.

It was funny because when I first saw it and picked it up it was marked $3.00 and I thought that was cheap... so I said is this really $3.00? The father spoke up and said, "No ma'am! Today it's on sale for only $1.00!!" Needless to say I said, "SOLD"!

To me the lamp looked like it was worth at least $20 to 30! It now sits on my desk at work!

I got a pair of ceramic candle-stick holders that look like Mickey's hands (the white gloves) for about $5 at a GS. The seller had no idea where they got them from.

I have never seen another set of them before...

Just this Saturday I bought a nice Mickey cookie jar for $3. A while back I got a small ceramic mickey figure for 50 cents. I love looking for Disney stuff.

It's not disney, but one of my best finds was a bunch of "Rescue Heros"... 20 cents a piece!!! thats 5 for a dollar! Those things sell for 8 to 9 bucks at wal-mart.

I saw the plastic buzz hand that you get at Toy Story on Ice. It straps over the hand and back of the wrist, you press the button like buzz does to make shooting noises. It was 16 or 18 dollars at the show, this lady had .50 on it, I saw it and said to her "that's got to hurt" she said "yea, the worst part is it's been there all morning, and it looks like I won't even get my 50 cents for it."

Ah jeez, I wish I had been there for the Buzz hand! I'd gladly have given her .50 for it, my DS is a huge fan!

All these posts have inspired me to drag the kids to check our neighborhood sales next weekend. :p

My nephew (who is a huge Disney fan) found a 1970s Sears Exclusive Disneyland Playset at a neighbors sale. He was 10 at the time and new it was something! He paid 2.00 for it and has since seen it on Ebay for 99.00!

Liz

I found a beach bag from the Sisney cruise lines that has the stitched mickey ears and waves.

It was barnd new--still had the price tag but with the price tore off.

I paid a whole $2.25 for it!!!!

that was my best find yet!!!

IM still looking for the studio from the Mcdonalds 100 years series

I don't how I missed that one I have all 4 from the 25yrs, milliumim and 3 from the 100 years.

I know it will show up one day;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter