What was your best boxing day find?

princess pooh

<font color=deeppink>I bet there's some jerk livin
I earned a lot of overtime this month and I'm ready for more shopping therapy :D . I did really well at Club Monaco yesterday. I got some pants on sale that fit really well, and there was a beautiful cashemere sweater for under $70. I love it when I can find the stuff I love on sale :cloud9:

So what was your great boxing day find?

My best find was a fleece jacket for my teenage son at the Gap Kids for $15. Regular price was $50.

I saved a hundred bucks on a new tv at BestBuy - will save at least another $30 when I take proof in showing that Futureshop has it in stock and cheaper.

On another note, when they rang it up, it came up as the wrong price and I had to get the difference credited back to my credit card cause I didn't notice until I was about to take the receipt and head out to the car. I'm know they have a price accuracy policy, so there's probably an additional savings when I bring it up.

We have never shopped on Boxing Day (usually at the inlaws) but DS HAD to get the X-Box live deal at Future Shop and it was already sold out online. DH took him, (whined about the lines and crazy people) but came back with a Flat screen LCD 17" Monitor for 299.00 (excellent price) and saved 300.00 (got it for 349.00) on a digital camera- Fuji F610. Our old one was acting up...now if I can only figure out what all the buttons are for, ugh.

SO, I would say we did very well...may even try it again next year if we are in the market for something, lol.

I did well on boxing day and yesterday. I went out on Sunday looking for ornaments. Most of my ornaments have beeen the victims of out 2 cats over the last few years and are looking pretty beat up so I vowed to replace them. I looked at a few places but ended up getting some very pretty glass green, red and gold ones at Wal-Mart for half price. I was surprised and very happy. (I think I may check the Disney Store today, just in case the glass ornament sets are on sale). Yesterday evening, I dropped by HomeSense(love this store!) and they had 50% off all holiday so I looked around. There wasn't too much, but they had some incredible stockings. There was a huge wooden nutcracker as tall as my DS, about 3 1/2 feet tall. It was regular 79.99 and I was mulling it over when a clerk came over and reduced it to 25.00 right in front of me and said Merry Christmas! When I took it to the cash I get 50% off of that! I paid $12.50!!!I can't decide what was the bigger bargain, my huge nutcracker or my Southwest tickets to MCO!Happy new year everyone!!!! :jumping4:

We bought a 53 inch widescreen TV from Best Buy and saved $400.00! Also just purchased Norton SystemWorks 2005 from Future Shop today..... regular $99.99 for $49.99 which also gives a $40.00 CND mail in rebate on the box, which brings the total cost down to just $9.99! :cool1:
I'm really happy with our buys!
:D

Wow, that's amazing!

Turns out my 27 inch Toshiba flat screen came out to a final cost of $339. Considering that when we went to check it out pre-Christmas, it cost $479, I'm pretty happy with it!

Best Buy matched Futureshop's $349, then took an additional $10 off for the scanned price not matching the advertised price...

Still would have liked a digital camera, but that'll have to wait till I get my tax return, I guess.

Just as an FYI Best Buy owns Future Shop but they both act like independant retailers. :smooth:

I bought airfare for my parents from Seattle to MCO for $260 USD (non-stop on Alaska Air). They decided during Christmas dinner to go with us. Our airfare when we bought ours in early Nov. was $314 USD. During the process of booking airfare for my parents, I got our airfare adjusted to $260 as well!!!

What a great boxing day this has been!!!

I found a Columbia ski jacket at Sport Chek for $150 (regular $300) and picked up shoes for DS at SportsMart for $40 (regular $100). I would have taken a closer look at electronics but the only thing we're in the market for right now is a new computer - but until we've paid off the credit card from our recent WDW excursion everything else is on hold.

- Mike

Ok, my boyfriend's got me beat.

He bought a new computer for his family, and a web cam so that they can keep in touch with his sister who is going to live in Australia for a year.

We wait till Boxing Day to see if it goes on sale - line up at 6:30 AM like suckers. When we got into BestBuy, it was only about $100 off. Not great, but it's something, right? Well, needless to say, it was a zoo in there, and somehow they forgot to tell him about the rebate offers that went with the computer - could buy peripherals (digital camera, photo printer, regular printer, etc) along with the computer and get significant rebates.

Well, today I was checking the Futureshop website, and notice that they have the same computer for $100 less that what he paid, AND I noticed on the Bestbuy site that they have a "free digital camera and photo printer"" offer with the computer that he just bought.

He went into BestBuy to try and get the price match, and to ask about the rebate, and because they messed up and didn't tell him about it, they just went ahead and GAVE him the camera and printer! No "buy it and send away for the 2 $50 U$ rebates", just "here's your free stuff". Incredible. Meanwhile, there's a rebate coupon in the box for the camera and probably the printer... so we may just get that rebate money after all!

I got a Mintek 5" (TFT) portable DVD player for $129 on the Future Shop website. It arrived yesterday! Now my kids will be entertained (somewhat) on our 22 hour drive to WDW in 34 days.

Bought myself a suede hooded car coat reg $279.99 paid $95!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter