• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was up at Vero Sunday?

wdwiala

DIS Veteran
We were at Vero this weekend and the electricity went out for some time. No biggee except my husband peaked over the balcony to see smoke streaming up from Shutters.
Fire doors closed but no alarms. Around 15 minutes later we walked past the outside of the building and they were airing out Shutters (puffs of smoke still streaming out) and people were still eating! :confused3 In the smoke!
Later, we received messages on the phone that a power line had gone down and taken out power to part of the island.
What I am curious about is what caused the smoke? My theory is that the power loss somehow caused something to burn. Just wondering.....

I would guess that the ventilation fans over the grills stopped and the result that the kitchen filled with smoke off of the grill. Kind of a pain, but I'm sure nothing was burning, else the chefs couldn't see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter