What was the worst place you ate on your trip to WDW?

We ate at Liberty Tree once....awful...at the time (it may still be) it was sponsored by Stouffers....thats all you need to know. :crazy2:

Pecos Bill's - the only bad food we had all week! It wasn't terrible but nothing to write home about!!!

Chef Mickey's dinner definitely gets my vote. The last time we were there we had to wait 45 minutes for a table after our ADR time and the restaurant itself was pretty dirty. We had a late dinner, and the server was kind of rude, making it known that we were the only thing standing between her and going home. On top of that, many food choices were not available because they weren't being replenished on the buffet, and the food that we had was awful!

Definitely Sci-Fi Dine In.......absolutely inedible. And a perv of a waiter, he kept telling me to "keep my hands to myself", when seated in the car with my hubby, and "I've got my eye on you"......This isn't something they do there all the time is it? :confused3 Anyway, we won't go back.

Trail's End at FW...I know some people love it but when we were there in May all four of us agreed that it was pretty bad. I don't know what they did to the potatoes, but they were awful. The chicken was dried out, just in general everything was kind of yuck, except there was pork (ribs or pulled, I forget) that had a very good sauce. Service was very attentive but food....ewwww.

Overall, San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavilion. The atmosphere was great but the food ranged from ok to eww and our server was not friendly at all and was a bit snippy.

On our last trip we had an awful waitress at Alfredo's, that was the first time we had poor service there, but it was bad enough that we won't be going back.

Liberty Tree Tavern dinner - Stouffer's frozen tan foods, very crowded, poor character interaction
Tony's Town Square dinner - school cafeteria spaghetti with tomato paste on it and disinterested server

After last trip, I have to add Coral Reef. Dreadful food (especially the shrimp cocktail) and service.

Big River Grille on the Boardwalk.

DH did not like the pasta at the WCC either.

He might have a hard time rating which was worse for him, meatloaf at BRG or Pasta at WCC.

We did not enjoy 50's Prime Time. The food was boring and bland. And so was our server. Maybe if we would have had a server be funny and play with us a little we would have enjoyed it more. But I do not plan on going back anytime soon. Too many other places to try.

Wendi2000 said:
Le Cellier, so-so food, and really bad service.

Wow, really rare to find someone thet did not care for LeCellier. Everyone seems to love it, and it is very hard to get a reservation there.

!@#$% said:
Are you aware of what Whispering Canyon is? Its supposed to be rude and noisy and embarassing. Kinda like Dicks at Myrtle beach. If your expecting a normal restaurant you'll be disappointed at WC. We LOVED it!
The server made a comment about remembering Whispering Canyon tomorrow when we see the corn again. :rotfl2: I about fell out of my chair! Gross yeah, funny... DEFINATELY. Youd just have to have been there I guess.
A lot of people dont like WC, but a lot of people go there unawares that its a gag restaurant.
On one trip the server chased the lady across the room trying to interrupt her phone call. It was hillarious. I think its All Ears (dont quote me) that said it was their #1 pick for must do restaurant. Just go there with "Humor" on your mind, and expect a laugh... Though some servers are definately better than others.
Well, I agree with this poster that the worse restaurant for us was WCC. We went knowing it was a "gag restaurant" BUT, the food was ok, not good or great but ok... The service was the worse we've gotten anywhere. The gags were okay... If I was going to go for any type of gags, we had much more fun at Donald's breakfast with better food, gags and service.
I go back and forth about giving WCC another chance but when it comes to the planning of the next trips... I just can't see wasting our time there again to give them another shot when there are great places out there.

BUT that's just my opinion...

When I read through this thread, I realize a LOT of my favorite places are listed on here. I always say "never judge a restaurant by ONE trip". The only exception would be a place like Pizza Planet, and only because their menu is SO small. If you dont like their pizza or their salads, theres NOTHING left. We had a crappy server at the CS at Mexico in Epcot, but even as rude as she was, I'd try it again, because... different day, different server (probably) and another chance. If I could be guaranteed they'd thoroughly cook my pizza at Pizza Planet to a golden brown on top I'd even be willing to give that a try again, (especially if they could give me some Tabasco or Jalapenos.... everything is better with Tabasco!) but I think the ovens are on a timer, and noones pizza we saw looked fully cooked. It might have been good if it was cooked more.

When I read the reviews, a lot of my favorite spots were really hit hard. I wonder "Did I get lucky, or did they get UNLUCKY?"

i'll note too, that we had a very good experience at Biergarten on one trip, and the next trip it stunk. Bad timing maybe?

The Pepper Market at CSR was just atrocious when I was there in January. The service was so scattered and disorganized that my dinner companion did not arrive at the table for a full 25 minutes after I sat down with my food.

My point is (to the newbies out there) never cancel a reservation because you read bad reviews. There are so many factors to consider... day of week, crowds, heat, was the server just having a bad day? For all we know, she could have been going through a divorce, or lost a family member. Was the chef "filling in" for the usual chef? Was he a rookie?
Was a manager giving the server a hard time over something right before you sat down?
Were they understaffed that day? Workers sick?

Its good to have threads like this. Just dont take it as GOLD.
Like I said about Pizza Planet... Its on the bottom of my list, and I wont try it again till Ive tried every other restaurant in WDW, but it gets LOTS of good ratings, so apparently lots of people like it.

Big River Grill
-The food was only so so
-There was a funky smell in the bar area
-Our waiter was very rude, he was very "anti-disney". He was complaining about tourists and kids etc.... Dude, you work at Disney World, what do you expect.

Honorable mention to the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet. The food was ok but once again our waitress was awfully rude.

Rose & Crown - overcooked, dried out cold food, server who was clearly overwhelmed with the number of tables he had and no Baileys Irish Cream to be found the bar was out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter