What was the strangest interaction you ever had with a character?

We were at Disneyland when my son was about 3 1/2. We had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and Princess Aurora kept going on and on about how cute our little prince was. The next day we were walking around the castle and Cinderella came out. We stood in line and I realized it was the same girl that was in the Sleeping Beauty costume the night before. She said to my son...My friend Princess Aurora told me all about you last night. You had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen didn't you?
My son was really impressed that the princesses all knew each other. :rotfl:

Cee said:
Back in the 70's my DH(we weren't married then) had a mishap in MK. He was
in line to pay for some t-shirts when he starts to experience some "cramping".
He leaves the shirts, and goes tearing past me saying he has to find a rest
room NOW. It's our first time there and we don't know where they are! Well,
he's all bent over and in pain and it's starting to be a desperate situation when
he encounters Chip and Dale and he screams, "Where's the bathroom!" They
see what the situation is and they both start jumping up and down pointing
frantically to the nearest restroom. My future DH manages to make it in the
nick of time and needless to say we eventually purchased the shirts and were
happy not to have to buy a pair of pants too. To this day, DH has his picture
taken with Chip and Dale every trip and thanks them for their assistance over
30 years ago in his hour of need. They always pat him on the back, shake
their heads and give him the thumbs up like they remember it well. Good GOD,
how could they forget! I know I'll never forget it. What amazes me is that I
married him anyway and here we are working on year 26. Ah, Disney memories!
:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: That post made me laugh out loud. I could see it in my mind lol. Oh how funny!

Last year on our DCL cruise, we had had our picture taken with the characters a lot. On our last night, we were having a picture with Capt. Mickey, and I had just turned around for a second to get my camera back from the CM - when I turned back, my DH was HOLDING MICKEY with Mickey's feet about a foot off the ground! He was smiling and laughing, and I was just mortified! "Put him down, put him down," I was frantically whispering, looking around and praying that no one noticed. DH later said to me, "Mickey jumped in my arms. What was I supposed to do, drop him?"

DH still talks about it and laughs. I'm just mortified, because I'm still not convinced that Mickey really did jump into his arms! Definately a strange interaction!

Ok I just found this thread the other day and read a handfull of pages each day. Copied & pasted about 30 of the best ones to my mom.
We are going next summer and are doing Disney dining plan for the 1st time. It will cost a lil more than the counter meals we usually do but after reading all the interactions at character meals....I see it will be well worth it!! I already have 7 character meals tentatively planned!

Love these stories...........please, someone must be remembering some more!!

I haven't had a lot of character interaction, but this one time I was having my pic taken with Rafiki I had my sunglasses on top my head and he kept stealing them! He was so wicked! It was fun!

We have of course had many encounters but two of my favourite

1) My daughter has spina bifida and uses a wheelchair for mobility, her first trip to DL she was 8. We met the mad hatter mid morning and he paid very special attention to just her for several minutes. Really making her feel special. Chatting with her and asking her questions about her life. He completely ignored all the other rude children pushing their way in and thrusting their autograph books at him demanding he sign them. But a couple hours later we encountered him again in another part of the park. We were only passing by, knowing we had already spent enough time with him, He saw us passing and called out to her, remembering her name and several other tid bits about her. He ran over and gave her a hug. That was a really nice thing for her. I do have to add, that ALL of the characters that my daughter met went out of their way to give her a bit of extra attention.

2) My husband and I travel with a stuffed Vulture (long story) but we took him on our last trip (without the kids) and it was our mission for the vulture to have his picture taken with all the characters. They all had a reaction of one kind or another to him. But Pluto grabbed him from my husbands hands and shoved him inside his own mouth. He is a bird dog after all...LOL

These are great. Especially the STar Wars "these are not teh droids...." interaction. Wish I could say Cinderella or Jasmine asked for a Phone number or something cool like that, but I cant. Hopefully my two boys have some great interactions when we go back in Feb.

not so strange but last time i was in Disney world I was about 15 at the time and I was having lunch at some character buffet with my mom and little sister and pluto came over and kept staying around me... pointing at his heart then me, kneeling down on one knee it was cute and then i got up after i thought he left for another table and he came back running over, got down on one knee again kissed my hand and then proceeded to get up and PICK me up and carry me around (think honeymooner style) pretended like he was gunna carry me out the door! my mom thought it was cute and my sister was laughing hilariously but i was kinda embaressed being 15 and all being carried around a resturant! lol

About a year ago (mid-Sep 05) my DFamily (DW, DS7, DD1, DMe) had an ADR for Cindy's Royal Lunch (loved it BTW). I had read that sometimes some of the princes may be there, but when we arrived, we didn't see them. We asked Cindy where the princes were that day. Her reply...

"The boys took the day off to play paintball."

?

Just got back from WDW, and wanted to share a quick story. We were on the Star Tours ride, and it stopped right in the middle. We sat there in the dark for a minute, and then a cast member came in and began apologizing profusely, and ushered us out of that simulator and lined us up in front of another.

As we passed by an entryway, I saw a stormtrooper. Since my ds is a Star Wars FREAK, I said "look there's stormtroopers over there!" He just about came unglued. The cast member that was with us, walked over to the stormtrooper and told them we were waiting for a new ride to Endor, so the stormtroopers (2 of them) came over to our group, and started interacting with us.

My youngest son screamed "You don't scare me! I'm going to use the force to make you go away" (he's not very shy)
Well the stormtrooper charged at him and grabbed him and pointed the gun at his head. Was my son scared? No, he was laughing hysterically.

Then my ds said "Hey give my sister a hug!' My dd just about died, but the stormtrooper shook his head no, and then acted like he was going to grab my son again.

Needless to say, my boys were so very glad that Star Tours broke down that day! :darth:

Christopher Robin said:
About a year ago (mid-Sep 05) my DFamily (DW, DS7, DD1, DMe) had an ADR for Cindy's Royal Lunch (loved it BTW). I had read that sometimes some of the princes may be there, but when we arrived, we didn't see them. We asked Cindy where the princes were that day. Her reply...

"The boys took the day off to play paintball."

?

LOL! Wow....I didn't know paintballing was so popular with the princes?! :teeth:

on a trip to wdw maybe 10 years ago (i was about 8), my dad and i went to a character greeting for all the villains (queen of hearts, governor ratcliffe, etc) and the first character in line was jafar. so, i say hi, tell him how particularly evil he was looking that day (gotta flatter the villains), and hand him my autograph book.. he signs it, and points towards my dad.. i was like 'dad, don't you agree jafar looks like he could cause aladdin a lot of trouble today?' to which my dad replied "yeah, he looks very menacing, especially with those BUSHY EYEBROWS he's got going on there".. jafar turned his head towards my dad, and snapped my autograph book shut really loudly about 1/2 an inch away from my dad's nose.. i found this hilarious, and hi-fived jafar.. my dad was in shock, and walked away silently (not before apologizing!)

bump.gif

we were at chef mickeys eating breakfast. it was me, my hubby, neice( ally), and my 2 nephews who are twins ( cody and cole). goofy was the most memorable. he came over while cole was coming back from the bathroom and cole was standing behind him just standing there. so goofy turns around but he didn't know that he was there. so he turned around and jumps back. because he didn't know he was there and we all started cracking up! :lmao: :rotfl2: it was hysterical.

disneydancer1969 said:
we were at chef mickeys eating breakfast. it was me, my hubby, neice( ally), and my 2 nephews who are twins ( cody and cole). goofy was the most memorable. he came over while cole was coming back from the bathroom and cole was standing behind him just standing there. so goofy turns around but he didn't know that he was there. so he turned around and jumps back. because he didn't know he was there and we all started cracking up! :lmao: :rotfl2: it was hysterical.
Definitely a Disney moment. :goodvibes

disneydancer1969 said:

lol aww thats too cute!

These stories are great. I will share mine when it is not 2 something in the morning and I can see better to type. LOVE them all.

We had dinner at Cafe Mickeys at DLP where my wife was 'gropped' by pluto. Granted, we all thought it was funny, and I got a great picture, but lets just say this would have never flied in the states!

My experience was more embarassing than strange. My DH and I were in Tokyo Disneyland. We were walking along a back path when I got jumped by five of King Louie's monkeys. They came out of nowhere! They made a monkey sandwich with me as the filling. :grouphug: They got pretty "friendly" with their hugs. I think I got monkey bumped a few times as well. :rolleyes: My DH almost wet himself from laughing! Thank goodness there wasn't anyone else around to see my very red face. :blush: I have never looked at monekys the same way. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter