What was the length of your first Disney cruise?

Liz

Make a miracle!
We are considering booking a 7-night if we don't end up doing a land combo with WDW. But a little part of me wonders what if we don't like it or get seasick or something! What was the length of your first Disney cruise and was it too short, too long or just right?

Thanks!

Hi

Our first was the 4day on the Wonder, we did a 3Day on the Wonder this past May. We felt the 3 day was too rushed. We are headed back in January for the day.

On our first cruise, we were not sure what to do for the same reasons you mentioned - would we like it? would we get seasick?

Well, our first cruise was the four day and we absolutly LOVED it. Yes, it was too short but we honestly didn't know if we would like it or not. I guess we figured try it and see. Too short a cruise is a lot better than one that is to long if you don't like it.

Having said that, we have since been on two 7 day cruises (both eastern and western) and are booked to go on another Western 7 day cruise next April. We feel the 7 day is a great amount of time to be on the ship.

We went on a 7 night for our 1st cruise. I was also nervous but the Wonder was in dry dock a few weeks ago so we didn't have a choice. It was great. We didn't want to get off the boat. Some days we were really busy but other days we just sat on deck 9 and enjoyed the view. No one in my family was sick but we never had seas above 6-8 feet. Go for the 7 night!

Our first is next month - 3 day Wonder. I suspect it will be toooooooo short for me, but I figured it was a good first time for my BF and DS who have never cruised before.

DH and I took our first this past Sept, and it was the 3 day for the same reasons. However, our cruise was incredibly smooth (even though it was sandwiched between Frances and Jeanne), so it wasn't much of a test on the seasickness side.

It was a great test to see if we would like cruising, though - and we promptly came home and reserved the 4 day. The only reason we will probably not do the 7 day is too little vacation time - we are also DVC members and can't stay away from WDW too long, plus we now have an Alaskan cruise and a trip to Hawaii to plan for... (DVC really changed our way of thinking, but unfortunately it didn't magically give us more vacation time).

But if I had the time, I'd do the 7 day in a heartbeat.

Our first Disney Cruise was 4 nights. We had a great time and 4 nights was perfect timing. However, it left us dying to return and next time for 7 nights. Our 4 night cruise was 1 day at Nassau, 1 day at freeport and 1 day and castaway cay. We didn't have any days at sea or any extra time to relax and enjoy the cruise. I would recommend taking a 4 day with 2 days at sea. Our children were overwhelmed and were not able to truely relax. We had a lot to do and not enough time to do it in.... Not exactly what we had planned, so this time, we are scheduled for the 7 night Mexican Riviera in May 2005 - HOORAY!:cheer2:

I switched my 3 night ressie to a four night. We were able to afford this by cancelling 1 excursion and one character meal at WDW. (It was $397 more for my family of 5)

I have heard lots of reports that 3 nights is way too rushed. Avoiding the 7 night out of fear of seackness.

Haven't gone yet but can't wait.

Our first Disney cruise was the land/sea combo (4 days land/3 days sea) on the Magic back in May 1999. We all said we should have done the reverse (3 days land/4 days sea) because the cruise was just too short. Ever since we've taken the 7 day cruises. HTH

Our first cruise was the 7 night Eastern. We are DVC members and used our points to book. It was very nice and very relaxing .:teeth: If you are not sure then a 3 or 4 nighter is appropriate to see if you like to cruise:bounce: Just do it!!!
f694f44d.jpg

James:firefight

Our first Disney cruise was supposed to be a 7-night western caribbean, but due to Hurricane Frances, it ended up being a 10-night cruise.

Since we had cruised before (last year on Royal Caribbean), we knew that we'd want at least a 7-night cruise. The extra 3 days on the ship were nice though because we really got to relax on those days and enjoy the ship.

My hubby and I did our first one in May of this year - 4 night just to kind of test the waters (no pun intended) to see how we'd like it.

Why did I even think I would not like it! We are going back in May 2005 for a 7 night Western!

Woo Hoo!:sunny:

We were apprehensive at first, too. We weren't sure if we would like cruising, so our first cruise was a 4-night. If you are new to cruising altogether, I would probably suggest a 4-night. If you are veteran to cruising and just not sure if you'll like the Disney cruise, then definitely go for the 7-night. You won't be sorry. In my opinion, 3-night would simply be too short. But 4-night was perfect for a "first cruise". It was just enough to figure out whether or not cruising was for us. When we booked, we actually thought that it would be a "once in a lifetime" type thing, but once we realized how much we LOVED it, we knew that we were going to have to do it again.
On the other hand, if we had NOT liked it (yeah right!), then 4-nights would not have been unbearable.
So I would definitely go for the 4-night or the 7-night. I think sometimes the 3-nights are taken by those with time constraints (with time off work or school), or people who are trying to bridge the gap between 2 longer cruises. (the withdrawal can be unbearable between "fixes", and it's a less expensive cruise alternative in between.) :bounce:

Hi Lilo62:wave2:
Looks like you are on the same cruise as we are.. We have a place on the cruise meets set up through Tera.. Check us out and join with us..

Originally posted by jrp
Hi Lilo62:wave2:
Looks like you are on the same cruise as we are.. We have a place on the cruise meets set up through Tera.. Check us out and join with us..

Hey thanks for the invite. It'd be great to meet fellow disboard members on our May 2005 cruise!

Our first was a 4-day because we did a L/S combo. Although I had cruised before, my husb. never had & I wanted to make sure he enjoyed it thorougly. I would strongly suggest the 4-day for that reason.

Although you will all probably end up loving it, my feeling is that it is best to start smaller. I do know people that have gone & not enjoyed it, but that is usually not the norm.

I have never done a 3-day, but I can see why it would seem too short. If you all absolutely LOVE the 4-day you can always increase it next time.

Enjoy! :wave:

our first was a 3 day, we loved it so much, we then booked a 7 day,and then rebooked another 7 day while on that cruise.....
The main problem about cruising is the addiction that you develop.....

We did the 4 night land, 3 night sea vacation since I was concerned about seasickness. Obviously, I was okay since we have since done only one 4 nighter (Christmas) and the rest 7 nighters and are heading into double digits!!!!

Rae

When the Magic first started sailing, I booked my DH and I on the 4 night. I knew the 3 night would be too short. Having never cruised previously, I was not sure if DH would enjoy a cruise, although I knew I would enjoy it. The 4 nights flew by, and my DH and I didn't want to our cruise to end. When DCL announced the Magic was going to be sailing for 7 days, we immediately book our 7 night cruise. We have sailed on the Magic a total of 4 times (one 4 night and three 7 nights), last being 10/02/04. The 7 night is not long enough, the week just flies by and before you know it, you are sadly saying goodbye.

We have never cruised on any other cruise line, only cruises have been on the "Magic", so I cannot compare to other cruise lines.

We are booked for next August's two week cruise on the Magic...the "Bringing The Magic Back Home" cruise, and we can't wait. We both said that two weeks will probably seem like one week.

I would recommend a 7 night cruise on the Magic to anyone! It is truly a "Magical" cruise. There is so much to do. The first time we sailed the sea was pretty rough (13' waves), but neither of us became sick, nor did any of our table mates. I don't think you will regret doing a 7 night...the only thing you will possibly regret is becoming addicted to Disney Cruise Line:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hope this helps in your decision...enjoy your cruise:wave2:

Our first cruise was 7-night eastern. We had never cruised before. We enjoyed it sooo much that we have 2 more booked. Our 2-DD loved it, & can't wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter