What was the first Disney movie you remember going to?

I rember seeing lots on TV when they would have " The Wonderul World of Disney" on Sunday nights ....ones like Pollyanna, The Parent Trap, The Love Bug and Shaggy DA.

In the actual theatre, I believe I saw a rerelease of Cinderella. I was in my late teens. By looking at when the original was released, I am guessing they re released it for it's 40 th anniversary.

My family watched the "WWoD" program, too.

Million Dollar Duck when I was 5. It was at the Gulfgate Cinema in Houston. I remember being in awe going to the movies. I think it was actually my very first movie at the theaters. It was such an adventure!
th

eta: I remember having to walk across the walkway over the freeway. So cool.

Babes in Toyland, 1961 Christmas-time. I remember it b/c dad took us. Usually mom does that stuff, but I think she was busy with Christmas cooking, decorating, etc. As an adult, I can say the movie is pretty awful.

Fantasia during its 1982 movie theater re-release. I was 8 years old.

Last edited:

I'm not sure it was the first, but it made a big impression....The Gnome Mobile.

Lady and the Tramp when I was 4 or 5. I remember more vividly seeing Sword in the Stone with a Winnie the Pooh short when I was 7ish.

Snow White at a drive in theater in either Palmdale or Lancaster, California at the end of the 60s or early 70s. I was really little and the movie scared the crud out of me. When the witch was climbing up the mountain with all the lightening and thunder the WHOLE sky lit up. It was terrifying! That's the only thing I remember about the movie.

Last edited:
101 Dalmatians during its initial release in 1961 - I was 5. The movie had come to our small town local theater and my dad had me all excited about going. We get to the theater and the 7pm showing was sold out - I was crushed. Dad took me home, put me down for a short nap and then took me to the 9pm showing!

Old Yeller....I remember crying at a movie for the very first time. I also remember going to see the Mouseketeers in person...Annette was my "hero"...she was so beautiful!

Sleeping Beauty. I was about 5, and it was the first time my Mom took me to a Sat. matinee.

The first one that i can remember is "In Search of the Castaways" at the drive in in the early 60's.

Song Of The South
I was 5 or 6 and I really don't remember much but I sang Zippity Do Da often.

Terri

It was a rerelease of Snow White for its 50th anniversary. I was 3 and have memories of sitting in the theater with my parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter