• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was the first Disney hotel you stayed in?

My first Disney Hotel was Port Orleans FQ back before the two resorts became one. It was our first time in WDW and Florida. Wow, what a first impression. Loved it.

Our first Disney hotel was the Coronado Springs the Christmas after it opened. We surprised our kids with a trip the week before Christmas. I remember the cast member who checked us in, a young gentleman named Dane. It must have been really obvious that we were on property for the first time - we were all so excited. Later that day, we came back to our room to find a beautiful pine arrangement with a Mickey & Minnie ceramic statue in the center. That statue has become a very important part of our annual Christmas decor, a reminder of the first of many wonderful cast members! Thanks, Dane!

My first time staying on property was at the Beach Club and we've been back there a number of times since. But I don't like to stay at the same place everytime - I like to spread it around! I've never stayed at the Poly but I'd really like to once of these times!

Animal Kingdom Lodge---just after it opened---with room rates of $79 per night---it was a special promo that my DBF found and she convinced me (THANKS!) that this was a real treat---so we all went and what a nice start! Of course, our next trip had to be HOJO's---appreciated AKL all the more!

My first stay on property was Dixie Landings in '97 for my honeymoon. I have never stayed off property since then, and I have never returned to POR. I have been too busy trying to visit all the other resorts. And now that we are DVC, it will be a very long time before we return to POR.

First Disney stay was at the Disney Golf Resort, now Shades of Green, WAY back in the early 80's. :) It was a really, really nice place, and, from what I, and our pictures bring to memory, very large as far as rooms go. I've stayed at numerous Disney resorts since, and have yet to have such a nice room.

My first was CR in 76 I believe... I was 12 if I have the year right. Anyway I went back in 1990 with DH for one night during our honeymoon. We didn't really honeymoon in Disney but were in Fla and I convinced DH to drive up (from Sanibel Island) for a night at Disney. Since then, have brought my kids to WDW 3x and have stayed at Sports, but always check out CR while were there, having breakfast at Chef Mickey's is a must. CR is definitely a sentimental favorite of mine but really don't want to pay the price to stay there.

my first stay onsite was in 1992 .. I was 16 and it was me, mom, dad, and my younger sister. We had gone to Disney once before but stayed at a holiday inn or something.

This time we stayed at CBR and I loved it! I remember parking the car (we drove from texas to wdw) and walking up to the main lobby... I heard the steel drum music and started dancing around pretending I was really on an island vacation :banana: and I remember my dad laughing at me. The next year I talked 2 girlfriends into going to wdw with me as a high school graduation gift for ourselves and guess where we stayed? CBR!!

I haven't been back to that particular resort since then but it certainly has many great memories for me.

My first trip was in 2000 and we stayed at Dixie Landings. DW (DGF @ the time) was a bit of a Disney expert at that point, so we decided to stay a) somewhere affordable and b) somewhere she had never been before. We loved it there, but my quest now is to stay at all of the resorts. We got a little hooked on the Dolphin (teacher's rate is an incredible deal) but we are again staying at Disney resorts - BCV and WL for the upcoming trip.

My 1st trip was in 1998. DH was going down for Lotusphere. His company wanted to put him in some off-site hotel (when the conference was on site - how dumb are they!?). I said, "No way!" to the off site deal and booked us at CBR. :thumbsup2

I was just a kid (70's) but it was either the CR or the Poly. I stayed at both on separate visits. I just can't remember which one was actually FIRST. BTW, I preferred the CR as a kid. (I think I still do but haven't stayed at either one since then.)

My first trip was in '73 or '74. Our whole family (mom,dad,6 kids, and two brothers in law) drove from St. Louis.
We stayed in the Disney Village in a couple of the condo units. I don't remember very much of that trip; I think I was about 7.

The next big trip with the family (about double the size this time), we stayed in the treehouses. We had 3 of them for our huge family! I loved those treehouses! I can't wait to stay in one again (hopefully)! Just floating by them on the waterway to DD brings back great memories!

It's the Poly for me! We stayed there on our honeymoon. As a matter of fact I was there 20 years ago today...May 9th to May 21st

Technically I can't really return to the first on property resort that I visited. My first resort experence was in August of 1994 when I was 12 years old (this wasn't my first time visiting WDW, but it was the first time staying at a resort on property). We sayed at Dixie Landings. I know that the resort itself is still there, but its not part of Port Orleans Riveside.

My first stay at WDW was at the Contemporary Resort. It was 4 so that would put it in 1986. Have been inside the Contemporary since then, but will return officially this November on my honeymoon! I predict many flashbacks.

Our first Op resort was Carribean Beach Resort in 1998. We have returned another time to CBR but we've visited more often at BC/YC. We really love the pool and atmosphere there.

Contemporary Resort! It was very exciting having the monorail ride through the middle of our hotel!:goodvibes

My first stay on property was at Fort Wilderness, I believe it was 1984 and I haven't returned as an adult. Before that we would stay off property at a hotel I think was called the High Q on International Drive.

We also stayed at the High Q on International Drive the first time we went in 1977. It was a round hotel with pie shaped rooms We were 5 to a room- the last one in had to shut off the lights and climb over everyone else to get to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter