What was the fanciest hotel/vacation you've ever had?

A suite at the Royal Hawaiian.

Royal_Hawaiian_Hotel_seen_from_the_sea.jpg

I stayed one night there back in 1980. Have they put air conditioning in yet? Certainly pretty, and historic, but our group all transfered to the Hilton Hawaiian Village after one night, couldn't sleep without a/c.

The nicest, poshest hotel I've ever stayed in was the Waldorf Astoria in NYC. It was for a conference so I was reimbured the hotel cost. What a treat!

Ritz Carlton Central Park

The upgrade to an awesome suite at the Contemporary

Mirage Tower Suite in Las Vegas

Polynesian CL Theme Park view

The house we rented at Reunion Resort

The Spindrift Inn in Monterey was also lovely.

We just stayed at the Spindrift last month, and I agree! The fireplaces in the rooms were super romantic.

We stayed at the Charleston Place in Charleston, SC for a long weekend, on my in-law's DVC points. The suite was amazing. Unfortunately, the Charleston Place no longer has reciprocity with DVC, so I will have to save up to visit again sometime :)

Haven't been lucky enough to be able to do much upscale travel.
We often travel using my inlaws time-share. So, with that option, swanky expensive hotels are not as much in the picture.

For us:
Top floor, skyline view, almost floor to ceiling picture windows, at the Intercontinental New York.

The Gaylord Opryland with their amazing indoor garden grounds. The Cascades section.

Lucked out years ago, and got a very nice top floor two bedroom suite overlooking the pools etc. on a trip to Florida/Disney.

We are considering Secrets Maroma Beach, all adult, all inclusive, on a gorgeous beach on the Maya Riviera, with an incredible rate that we had heard about. Literally half what the rates usually are.

Melia Bali in Bali and The Mount Lavina in Sri Lanka - Both very special in different ways

Strange hotels were Monkey Island, Bray in the UK and The Grand (The Shining came to mind) in Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka

:)

Grand Villa, OKW. Sounds so trivial compared to the rest!!

Not to me-I'd love to stay in a GV there. Now that we're DVC, they're by far the fanciest places we've ever stayed. OKW (1 BR), AKV, and BCV. Generally, DH is a very "infancy" person when it comes to vacation stays. When we were at Yellowstone, for instance, we stayed in cottages with no TV, no phone. If he had his way, it would be "RV for rent" and a campground.

We stayed here a few years back and it was BLISS.
The property had it's own olive groves and winery and every morning the gardener would leave fresh produce on the doorstep. We had a cook who came in and prepared the most wonderful Italian meals. In fact-we are in the midst of planning another villa rental in the Lake Como area now to do Northern Italy. The most spectacular vacation by far!

http://www.italianvillas.com/villa.aspx?villa=109670

I too LOVE hotels. I've stayed at most of the top level Vegas hotels and the Wynn and Encore are my favs - amazing rooms (with great baths) wonderful pools, the best spas and top level food. I did get to stay in a five room suite at the Bellagio that was awfully sweet. I would also list the Fairmont in San Jose as top notch. Very enjoyable!! I loved the W in Westwood - great vibe - GREAT spa. And the Sutten Place Inn in Van Cover was very fancy and I enjoyed staying there. They had a decadent chocolate buffet when I was there which was fun!

Years ago I stayed in a two bedroom suite in the Watergate. On the way down in the elevator, it stopped and Art Garfunkel got on.

The fanciest hotel I have stayed in was the Golden Palace in Turin, Italy. It was pretty posh.

Hotel Le Bristol, Paris

Midnight in Paris! What were the rooms like? What about the restaurant -- did you eat there? I checked rooms and were shocked - $1000 us a night! OMG! Can you get a better rate than that??

Shutters on the Beach- Santa Monica, CA
Belliago- Las Veags
The Stanhope- NYC on 5th Ave.
The Drake- Chicago

The Savoy in Rome. I swear that the bathroom was as big as my kitchen and it was covered in marble. The staff was impeccably trained but not stuffy.

I would say it would have to be the Pyramid Suite in The Luxor Las Vegas. It was on the 8th floor and very spacious. Our room had a whirlpool tub overlooking the strip! :lovestruc

At WDW I stayed at the Poly, the Boardwalk and Beach Club. Portofino Bay at Universal. The Omni Parkerhouse in Boston and the Omni in Philadelphia.

But the best?

The Williamsburg Inn in Colonial Williamsburg. We didn't stay at the Inn itself. We stayed in an authentic colonial house owned by the Inn, just three short blocks away. An aurhentic colonial experience and alk tge anenities of a luxury hotel. We stayed in tge same house where Margaret Thatcher had been housed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter