What was the best Bargin you got at Disney World?

FOXFIELDZOO

Mouseketeer
What Is the best bargain you got at the world? This could be anything ,I thought it would be fun to find out some of your answers pirate:disney treasure

What Is the best bargain you got at the world? This could be anything ,I thought it would be fun to find out some of your answers pirate:disney treasure

WOW nothing ,Well I think the Hair cuts at the barber shop on Main st. was a great one my son got his 1st hair cut and also got a pair of mouse ears all for $15.00 not bad

I can only speak for myself but it is so expensive to vacation there even as a DVC member that the occasional refreshing situation that happens where they haven't price gouged me so much a movie theatre would blush is not something I really celebrate.

DH and I got nice blue and grey pullover windbreakers, with the Disney Parks and the Castle logo for $7.95 each.

There are 3 things that are "free" to guests and I like to do them all. The movies at the pool, they provide popcorn sometimes, the campfire/sing-along with Chip and Dale, and the "Cultural Safari's" at the AKV, each building.

I've only done the Wonders of the Lodge once, and that was a great way to learn about the Wilderness Lodge.

If we are only talking about "bargains to buy" well, once we were going to buy DH a VWL polo shirt, and the CM told us that she was marking some things down and if we came back she would have more time to wait on us. Well, yes, the shirt was 50% off, and DH loves to wear it. VWL is his favorite property!

Bobbi:goodvibes

The best deal that I have gotten in WDW is a souvenior. There is a store in DTD (I think it's called Fun Finds) and everything is priced $10 & Under, $15 & Under and $20 &Under. Well.... In this store are these mystery Grab Bags. They are white paper bags and they cost $6.95. Inside my son's bag was a Goofy Pen ($5.95), a Star Tours Vehicle (price unknown), a Jiminy Cricket Racer ($5.95), a packet of 8 Tinkerbell notepads (price unknown) and one more thing that is escaping my mind right now. In hindsight I should have gone back and bought like 3 of them. Definitely worth it. I'm sure the things may have been outdated or something but my 4 year old doesn't know that and he loved having a bag of surprises!!!

Tinkerbell ears for my DD that were on clearance for $4.95! It's a black hat with a picture of Tink and purple ears. We were thrilled! Got them at the (now gone) store in Toontown.

Back in 2002 I got CR concerige rooms for abit more than $200 per night.
That was a "bargin" by WDW standards- even then.

I think the free stuff was is the best.

- Free entertainers on BWV at night
- Free DVD Movies
- Community Halls
- Firework shows from top on BLT
- My kids and I will make an adveture taking the free boats from BLT or VWL to fort wilderness
- Pin Trading is almost free once you buy some pins
- Walking around - everything is amazing looking
- The smells

Back in 1988, McDonalds was running a contest where you could win prizes by peeling a sticker off a drink. One of the prizes was a discounted trip to WDW. Well, my wife's friend won not one but two of these and gave one to us, knowing how big of fans we are.

The trip was 5 nights at the Caribbean Beach (which had just opened), with tickets and meals (3/day) included, as well as some extras such as water sprite rentals. The total for the package was $473! It was probably better than winning a trip outright since we would have had to pay income tax if we had won the trip.

By far, the best bargain we've ever had at WDW.

Recently?
Pook a looz Eeyore for DD for less than $7 total.

Long while back?
Got pooped on by a seagull at EPCOT, ran into one of the stores to get a tshirt to change into. Picked out the cheapest one I could find so I don't have to walk around all day in a poopy shirt (this was way before our DVC days). The nice CM there gave it to me for free! I didn't ask for it for free I think she felt sorry for me because I was turning green from the thought of having bird poop on my shirt... :lmao:

This happened in 1994 so it was along time ago. We had reserved Port Orleans, two connecting rooms, for 9 nights during Easter break. We had flight delays and arrived at about 10 p.m.

There was no room, neither connecting nor separate. Somehow they had managed to fill every available room in Port Orleans and left us out. For over five minutes, the CM kept checking the rooms at Port Orleans and found nothing open. We emphasized that we did have a confirmed reservation. We were six total with four under 10 and emphasized that connecting rooms were also important, The CM got a manger who said they would try to see if there was anything available anywhere. After about 20 minutes of computer checking and phone calls, he came back to us and said they could find connecting rooms only at one resort and would we be willing to go there for the nine nights at the same price as we were paying at Port Orleans. The resort: The Grand Floridian. I did my best acting to show some remorse when saying yes.

The bartender at the BC pool (SAB) knocked over my beer when handing it to me; I grabbed it, and only a little spilled. However, she said "Let me just give you another one", and did so without taking the first one back. So I got about 1.75 beers for the price of one.

When my wife and I were on our Honeymoon last year, we decided to rent a boat from the marina at The Contemporary. When we went back to pay for it (after using it for almost two hours) the CM at the counter said "Happy Anniversary" and did not charge us.
That was pretty awesome!!:woohoo:

I think of a bargain as a ratio of use vs. cost. With that in mind, two items come to mind. The first is the multi-colored Starbus member jacket I bought years ago. I still wear it often, and it looks brand new every time I wash it.

The other is also a jacket. We were there for a VERY COLD January a few years ago, and I stumbled upon a 1/2 price suede jacket at AK Rainforest Café gift shop. I've worn it quite a bit, too.

I think of a bargain as a ratio of use vs. cost. With that in mind, two iktems come to mind. The first is the multi-colored Starbus member jacket I bought years ago. I still wear it often, and it looks brand new everytime I wash it.

The other is also a jacket. We were there for a VERY COLD January a few years ago, and I stumbled upon a 1/2 price suede jacket at AK Rainforst cafe gift shop. I've worn it quite a bit, too.

AK Rainforest Cafe has had some very good deals (as opposed to Disney prices) We also get DVC discounts there on both merchandise and food.

This happened in 1994 so it was along time ago. We had reserved Port Orleans, two connecting rooms, for 9 nights during Easter break. We had flight delays and arrived at about 10 p.m.

There was no room, neither connecting nor separate. Somehow they had managed to fill every available room in Port Orleans and left us out. For over five minutes, the CM kept checking the rooms at Port Orleans and found nothing open. We emphasized that we did have a confirmed reservation. We were six total with four under 10 and emphasized that connecting rooms were also important, The CM got a manger who said they would try to see if there was anything available anywhere. After about 20 minutes of computer checking and phone calls, he came back to us and said they could find connecting rooms only at one resort and would we be willing to go there for the nine nights at the same price as we were paying at Port Orleans. The resort: The Grand Floridian. I did my best acting to show some remorse when saying yes.

Lucky you!!!

OK, I've got three totally different things.

1. On our trip with my sister/BIL & 2 sons, my hubby and I got each kid a $30 gift card. It was really fun to see them seriously shop all week, and they didn't ask their parents for nearly as much stuff as they usually ask for. Plus, I suggested that they get World Passporters at Epcot...which they did, out of their own money in the gift card, and spent much of the week getting stamps, and learning about countries, and really exploring World Showcase. Priceless.

2. On our trip in 2007, we were with both of my sisters with kids. My sister with a then 9 year old daughter got upgraded from Pop Century to a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs. I was so happy for them. (They could have stayed there for the whole week, but we were using points at BWV that would expire if not used, that we had rented. -- for the same price.) Anyhoo, they stayed at a 1bedroom at SSR for one night, and transferred to a BWV studio that we paid for the next day...and was madder than wet hens. They insisted that we get them out of that awful Boardwalk hotel, and back to the wonderful villas at Saratoga Springs. (What a waste of pixie dust!!!)

3. In 1994, hubby and I went on a new package that Disney called the "Jolly Holiday." 5 nights in the Contemporary, park tickets for 2 for 5 days, a free dinner show, and maybe another small perk...for $840.00. The only down side to that is that we didn't go back for 8 years trying to afford a deluxe resort again. Our purse finally caught up, and we started going back a lot in the early 2000s. I still think about what a great bargain we had, and what a lovely trip. It really was quite lovely.

Last year we did a split stay at AKV, CONCIERGE:cool1: and BLT. We left AKV went to BLT early and checked in. Our room was not ready until after 6pm and while I was at the pool waiting for the room to be ready for hours, someone had food by their chair. Unfortunately, it was by the chair I was sitting in. Next thing I knew I felt like I was in the movie Birds!! They were all over me and yes... I did get hit by the bird crap, but, the manager was outside and saw what a bad day I was having so he gave us a Fireworks cruise! He said he wanted to make our day better! It was fantastic! It was well worth the bird attach:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter