What was the 2009 winter promotion?

minniebows

Earning My Ears
We went last year for fall FD and we were thinking about going right before Thanksgiving. Can someone please tell us what the big promo for the winter was in 2009.
Thanks

My family stayed at WDW for 7 nights in Feb. 2010 on the buy 4 get 3 free deal. We stayed at CSR and upgraded our tickets to hoppers. I felt it was a really good deal, the room discount portion was apx. a 43% discount. I can't remember exactly when it came out, sometime in the late fall,maybe Nov that I booked it?

Winter 2009 had some of Disney's more generous deals. There was free dining (QSDP at values, DDP at mods & deluxes), Buy 4 Get 3 Free at mods & deluxes & Buy 5 get 2 Free at values and I think there were room discounts as well. These were released quite late by Disney standards and were seen as a last ditch effort to fill rooms that just weren't filling. I would NOT count on seeing deals like this year. It may happen but it'll once again likely be a last ditch effort to fill rooms like last year if it happens at all. Do not count on it and you won't be disappointed.

Mousesavers has a very useful list of historical data regarding past offers. http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Winter 2009 had some of Disney's more generous deals. There was free dining (QSDP at values, DDP at mods & deluxes), Buy 4 Get 3 Free at mods & deluxes & Buy 5 get 2 Free at values and I think there were room discounts as well. These were released quite late by Disney standards and were seen as a last ditch effort to fill rooms that just weren't filling. I would NOT count on seeing deals like this year. It may happen but it'll once again likely be a last ditch effort to fill rooms like last year if it happens at all. Do not count on it and you won't be disappointed.

Mousesavers has a very useful list of historical data regarding past offers. http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Agreed; it was reported yesterday that personal spending was up in February. That means people aren't feeling the pinch of the economy as much and will start opening their wallets up a bit further.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter