What was first 45, Album or what ever was your first you owned

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
First 45 -was Bridge over Trouble Waters, and I thought I was getting Simon and Garfunkles verson but when I got it home found out Buck Owens sang it, I still played it over and over

First Album - Was a Partridge Family album, my favorite group and tv show at the time

The first 45 I ever owned was Don't Cry Daddy by Elvis Presley. Oh my God I loved that song. The first 45 I ever bought with my own money was Dance Shout (Shake Your Body Down to the Ground) by The Jacksons. The first album I ever owned was *probably* The Monkees Greatest Hits, and I remember that the first one I ever bought was Styx's Paradise Theater.

I have no idea it was over 50 years ago. Probably a LP, soundtrack or Broadway show, most likely, as that's what I was into then.

I didn't have any 45s.

Edited to add: I know I bought WT Grant Christmas albums for years starting in the 1960s, those would be among the earliest I got.

Last edited:
I didn’t buy my first 45s or first album. They were gifts. When I was about four or five, I got a record player that only played 45s, and I remember getting the Monkeys I’m A Believer with it. When I was in first grade, our music teacher would bring Peter, Paul and Mary’s album Peter, Paul and Mommy and have us sing along. I asked for that album for my birthday, which necessitated a new record player that could handle LPs as well as 45s. I used to get an allowance of $1 per week, and a 45 was 96 cents plus four cents tax, so I could buy one 45 per week or save up a few weeks for an album.

45’ was Another One bites the Dust - Queen. On the other B was “ Don’t try Suicide”. I was about 10. 😬 It was given to me by my brother who is 7 years older than me. Having a teen brother meant I got must of my records as gifts from him.

Album was on of those K tel hits albums. I remember it having “ Love is a Battlefield “ on it.

Last edited:
I never bought a 45 as a kid. In fact, my first vinyl album was Pearl Jam's Vitalogy.

First cassette was Starship - Knee Deep in the Hoopla. It was a gift.

First CD - INXS - X.

I don’t recall personally owning any 45s but I distinctly remember a George Harrison one with the Apple Records logo on it floating around with my parents albums.

The first album I owned was Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors on 8 track when I was nine. First album I bought with my own money was Journey’s Escape on cassette.

The earliest vinyl album I can remember having — appropriately enough for a Disney forum — was the soundtrack to Alice in Wonderland. I also had Disco Duck during that period of time. Both were 33s, not 45s. I vaguely remember a BeeGees 45, but I'm sure it didn't get as much play as the kids' albums, since I was about 5 years old.

By the time I first bought music for myself, vinyl was only being sold used, and cassette tapes had taken over. I think my first tape was New Kids on the Block.

Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album. "Alvin!"

Or that might have been predated by my "Doggy in the Window" compilation of children's songs, which included hits like "Sweet Molly Malone" and the round robbin, "My New Friends but Keep the Old"

But the first one I bought was "Donny Osmond Greatest Hits" with hits like "Sweet and Innocent", "Go Away Little Girl", "Puppy Love" and "The Twelfth of Never". It started a preteen crush that would last me until high school. Oh, who am I kidding, when we were first married, I made DH take me to a Donny Osmond concert and while I wasn't one of the screaming fans (yes, there were some screaming fans, all of whom were 30+ somethings), I do remember having a big grin on my face and letting the smallest of sighs out when he was singing.

My first albums were albums based on movies that came with books. Indiana Jones, Empire Strikes Back, The Black Hole, etc. First music album was the Thriller LP, which belonged to my sister and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter