What type of "Room Requests" do you

hampshire mickey

Mouseketeer
make? Is there anything special to ask for? Last time we stayed at Beach Club Villas, we were able to have a bigger balcony b/c we were next to a closet? What type of requests do you make? Are there any specials?

At WDW, we always stay at BWV in a standard view. Usually, we only request non-smoking and upper floor. Sometimes we request dedicated (for studio or one bedroom) and sometimes we request near the bus stop or tennis courts (for view of higher level fireworks of Illuminations).

Even when we do not get all of our requests (we've always received our smoking preference), we get a good room. As long as we get a non-smoking room, I am very happy no matter which room I'm in.

At VB, we request non-smoking, direct ocean view and upper floor. So far, we've always gotten our smoking preference and twice, we've gotten a partial ocean view (could see ocean from balcony if we looked to the side). As far as I'm concerned, all the units at VB are good, too!

Haven't stayed anywhere else.

At the BWV we always request an upper floor, NS. When we have gotten a prefered view we have requested a view of the BW and gotten it. At OKW we always request upper floor, NS, near Turtle Crawl and have never had a problem getting it. Besides floor and non smoking it really isn't a big deal.

OKW - water view near bus stop first floor (when traveling with my mother or brother) otherwise as high as possible -

BCV - Epcot view of Future World high as possible

BWV - either near the elevators (mother's favorite) or mind - water view near the parking lot - both are nice standard views - when I get preferred view I also asked for the BW and always (except once) got the main pool (I learned to hate the main pool) - now I only ask for standard view - if not available - I either change my dates or go to another DVC resort.

VWL - I have asked for near the pool but haven't gotten it yet - however most of the views are the woods and since I like animals this is not a bad view. Once I got the service building which is a bad view - but I still love VWL. Always ask for the near the elevators (these are as far from the bad views as you can get)

Non-smoking and upper floor is the main requests that we make. So far, we have not been disappointed with any of our rooms, views, etc. I think that it is better than putting in lots of requests and being disappointed because one (or more) of the specific requests wasn't granted!

Can you tell me a good studio room # to request? We want non-smoking with a good view. Thanks for your help.

Always non-smoking first.

OKW - Turtle Pond Road, water view, first floor

BWV Standard - upper floor, across from the bus stop

At BWV, I requested a dedicated 1 bedroom once and was told I already had it reserved, they assign dedicated or lockoff when you reserve and they reserve the dedicateds first (I always call at 11 months). All 3 trips to BWV we had a dedicated 1 bedroom.

Originally posted by catsfan
Can you tell me a good studio room # to request? We want non-smoking with a good view. Thanks for your help.

I think requesting a specific room nd getting it is difficult, especially depending on the time of year (though obviously nother poster has had success). Here is a link to BCV room reports so you can see some options:

http://members.aol.com/InstImpres/beachclub

Remember, a "bad view" at WDW is better than a good view any place else!

Enjoy
Sandy

Spicey cat....why did you not like the main pool view? Too noisy?

Funny, we loved the room we had facing the main pool on the lower level. It was just perfect for us. Right off the main hallway and we could open the doors and poof we were at the pool. The noise (and it was April vacation week) was not that bad....or else we were too tired to care.;)

I've never asked for anything other than non-smoking before this trip and we've always been happy with our rooms.

I may have to make sure my 2BR next April is a dedicated one, however. I think I forgot to ask.

Hi Catsfan,
you didn't specify what you consider a good view, but anyway I just stayed in what I thought was a good studio with Illuminations view and a great sunrise view but that was in Feb. Hoppefully it will be the same now, Room 422 also right around the corner from elevator.
I'm pretty sure it's a non-smoking room.

Give it a shot, if you get it I'm sure you'll enjoy it just make sure your back in the room to enjoy the fireworks.

Sandy, (instpres)

I never just request 1 room # that would be Russian Roulette, I always Specify at least 6 of my preferences and so far have had pretty good luck getting at least 1 out of 6.

We always request in order:

Non smoking
Upper Floor

Sometimes we make additional requests such as near HH at OKW or Marsh view at HH, but NS, upper floor are the most important to us. Well, actually, as longer as I get NS, I'm happy.

Originally posted by skelooch

I never just request 1 room # that would be Russian Roulette

That was my thinking but I honestly didn't think MS would sit there and take a list of preferred room numbers, that 's good to know.

Though for know, I am happy to just be there and try out some different places.

Thanks
Sandy

WE always request NS and sometimes take our chances on where. We usually like South Point area, so sometimes request that specifically. We have always gotten our requests when we have made them. This trip we only requested NS, so we shall see. We have 4 people in a 2 bedroom, so the extra bathroom door isn't important. That was why I didn't make any other requests.

Non-Smoking Upper Floor, I don't mind the steps, we were at OKW in November and the CM that delivered us to our room helped carry up the bags, they were so nice when we were there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter