What type of room or rooms for a family of 6?

4greatboys

DIS Veteran
I was checking prices and rooms on DCL and I was wondering how ppl with larger families handled the room situation. My boys are 15 yrs, 12 yrs, 2 yrs and 9 months. Of course the 2 little ones will have to be with us. Do they have connecting rooms for larger families? I also saw they had 1 and 2 bedroom suites. Since they charge the first 2 ppl in the rooms adult rates is is cheaper to get 2 rooms or to book one of the 2 bedroom suites they have.
We werer thinking of maybe a 4 night cruise and then staying at Disney for maybe another 5 days. We dont need the land/sea package since we will be using our dvc points for our stay at the World. TIA.

Usually it will be much less expensive to book the 2 rooms than the suites. Best bet is to call DCL or a TA directly to get pricing for the dates you were looking at.

It will be MUCH cheaper to book two connecting rooms. Also, to get one of the two bedroom suites, you usually have to book YEARS in advance since there are only 2 2 bedroom suites, and then the 2 royal suites. The cheapest way to go would be 2 connecting category 10 rooms, any of the lower categories don't have connecting rooms.

We are also a family of 6 and found it cheaper to book 2 cat 10 connecting rooms. Don't forget to bring 2 bungee cords to hold the connecting doors open. We had plenty of room between the 6 of us. My biggest kid, DS 17 got to sleep in the king bed and the other 3 were very comfortable in the "bunk" beds!

We got 2 category 10 rooms and it worked out great. We took package tape and taped over the locks between the rooms so while the doors closed, you just had to push to get into the other room. We loved the arrangement and rebooked to do the same thing next time.

Hi 4 great....Long time...

I have 2 cat 10's booked for us in March....sounds like it work out just fine...I'll let you know.....

Kimball

Cheapest route, book 2 inside staterooms that connect. Also could book 1 stateroom with verandah and across the hall inside for oldest or go for two staterooms that conncect with verandah's (what we did). With the age of your children I would opt for two inside staterooms because it is the lowest cost. Kathy

We had room 8544 (Cat. 4) and it had the ability to sleep 5. Would they allow you to have the 9 month old baby in bed with you and your husband and allow the other boys to sleep in the fold out beds?

This room had a twin sofa bed, a bunk bed over the sofa and a fold out bed from the wall near the verandah door (thus sleeping 5 people). It was very comfortable for the four of us?

I know this would be pushing the limit for people in a room but as long as you are talking about a baby who couldn't sleep on the regular bed anyway (unless they have guards on the beds).

Good luck.

We had a cat 4 but with 5 people, next time we will go with 2 rooms just to get the extra bathroom. The split bathroom is great but getting all5 of us showered & ready wasn't fun!

xanadubeach - Unfornatately, what you suggest won't work, since the room occupancy is for ALL passengers reagardless of age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter