• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What type of pajamas for small kids?

hallesrymat

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm just wondering what kind of pajamas everyone puts on their small children. Short sleaved with shorts, long sleeve with pants, etc.? I know the air conditioning can make the rooms a bit cold sometimes. I don't want them to be freezing but I don't want them too hot either. Thanks in advance!

my kids just wore comfortable p.j.'s. My 5 y/o wore short sleeve/short set.

I would dress them there as I would at home, you can maintain a temp in the room that's comfortable for you.

Our kids have always preferred sleeping in t-shirts and sweat pants than in real pajamas. In hot weather, they switch to shorts. We only use PJs for extremely cold weather.

Sheila

I was at the Disney Store last week and they have their summer PJ's on sale. So I let my son pick out 2 pairs. They have a stitch set and it was on Clearance for $4.00 as Stitch was spelled wrong. I didn't care as He likes them anyways.. We sometimes put on our PJ's at the park as we leave so if he falls asleep he can just go right to bed..

Originally posted by Rapunsel
I was at the Disney Store last week and they have their summer PJ's on sale. So I let my son pick out 2 pairs. They have a stitch set and it was on Clearance for $4.00 as Stitch was spelled wrong. I didn't care as He likes them anyways.. We sometimes put on our PJ's at the park as we leave so if he falls asleep he can just go right to bed..

I bought a pair of those for my DS and wondered why they were on sale-never noticed the misspelling. I thought they were cute.

I'm glad they change the style of the girls summer PJ's. The short sleves used to have a tight elastic that was too tight on my very thin DD. Now they have a simple hem like the boys tops.

For my last 2 trips I bought new Disney PJ's (and Disney tooth brushes too) for the trip. I don't think they will need new PJ's this year.

My kids wear shorts with short sleeve shirts. And they are from the Disney Store of course :p

We usually put our DS in a sweatshirt and sweatpants outfit before we leave for the parks in the evening so that if he falls asleep on the way back, he's already dressed for sleep!

The hotel rooms can get chilly and my DS does not like to use a blanket so we cover him up as best as we can.

Hope that helps!

:yo-yo:

I dress my little one (18 mths old now) in the one piece fleece ones. He will not keep covered and the airconditioning can be cool. If he gets too sweaty I take off the jammies and let him sleep in his diaper. My older 2 boys, 6 and 8 will not sleep in pj's. They will wear them until they actually get into bed then they strip down to their undies. I'm not sure why they do this, but even when I insist that they wear them to bed They wake up sometime during the night and strip to their undies:confused: I guess that it depends on the age of the kid and their comfort.

I like it COLD in the room, so fleece for the 1 year old (no blankets). Now that DS 3 uses blankets we usually do long pants and short sleeves. But I'm sure he'd be okay in shorts, too.

Putting the kids in PJs on the way out is a great idea! We do that at home if we eat dinner out, but never thought of it for Disney. THanks! :)

Had to look at my new Stitch PJ's again. "Stitich"-he's an alien-isn't he supposed to have lots of "i's".:teeth:

Its a great price and they are really cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter