• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What TV shows did you love that were cancelled after 1 season or less?

While I didn't "love" them, the only shows I've watched that only lasted one season were Pan Am and Accidentally on Purpose. There might have been others from many years ago but I don't remember.

It was actually somewhere between one and one a half seasons, but Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It was such a well-made show with great story lines. And they ended it on a cliff hanger (guess the producers thought it would be coming back)! I suspect it cost a lot per episode for the relatively small audience it had.

How about a channel. The SPEED Channel shut down and is called Fox Sports 1.

GCB
Off the Map
Pan Am
666 Park Avenue

All of these were ABC shows. I *hate* that ABC doesn't give their shows a chance. They didn't even finish the story w/ "666"!

I've been burned so many times that I have a hard time watching any new ABC show now because I'm afraid I'm going to like the show & they're going to cancel it.

Another vote for Firefly
Flash Forward
The Nine
Sports Night
The Event
Life on Mars

All of these were ABC shows. I *hate* that ABC doesn't give their shows a chance. They didn't even finish the story w/ "666"!

They aired the rest of the episodes this summer and "wrapped" up the storyline, not the way I would have but they did all the same.

GCB
Off the Map
Pan Am
666 Park Avenue

They didn't even finish the story w/ "666"!

they actualy did, they showed the final 4 shows in the middle of the summer on Saturday night, the guy in charge of the Hotel was the devil and he bargained with the girl for her to live a good life but give birth to a baby, and it was the Anti Christ, and she agreed :crazy2:

Freaks and Geeks is the first one that pops to mind. The one that makes me most mad is Bunheads, I love that show so much and I miss it. Last year's Partners was great. I also liked Wonderfalls, Life on a Stick and The Class. Those were all great shows that were cancelled too soon.

GCB Off the Map Pan Am 666 Park Avenue All of these were ABC shows. I *hate* that ABC doesn't give their shows a chance. They didn't even finish the story w/ "666"! I've been burned so many times that I have a hard time watching any new ABC show now because I'm afraid I'm going to like the show & they're going to cancel it.

Oh I forgot about Pan Am. That was a great show.

Freaks and Geeks, My So-called Life (where I first found Jared Leto :love:), and I forgot about Terra Nova and Drive but loved those 2 also!

How about a channel. The SPEED Channel shut down and is called Fox Sports 1.

Miss the SPEED channel

I loved Lipstick Jungle although it had 2 seasons.

I don't watch much tv so I don't have a list of shows, but my husband's shows always get cancelled! I tease him that it means he has terrible taste in shows. :lmao:

Lipstick Jungle was good.

Homefront. I think that may have had two seasons, though. I adored that show.

I loved Homefront, what a great show!

My So Called Life

Ahhh that was a good one! Jordan Catalano!!!! lol

Yes, Alcatraz definitely.
The 4400
666 Park Avenue

There was also one that starred Christian Slater where he got a group together to solve unsolved murders. It was AWESOME but I can't remember the name of it.

I remember that Christian Slater show, I remember telling DD I like this, I bet it gets cancelled. lol

I had forgotten about 666 Park Ave, but they did at least wrap up the story line. I liked Zero Hour too and I believe that was also cancelled but they finished up the story at least. I wish that they would do that with all of these types of shows. The Event was another that I didn't think was ever really resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter