• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What trip did you book for 2010?

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
I know we had a thread months ago about where we were all planning to go this year, but for many of us, it didn't work out the way we planned. I know sayhello is going on her ground-breaking Med cruise and RSM and Tozzie are going on Alpine Magic - can't wait to hear what they have to say about it, since it's high on my list for next year. There are several folks on Backstage Magic, Viva Italia, China, and Southwest Splendors. I'm sure there are some others that I can't remember. Seems like we had better world coverage last year. I don't recall anyone going to Africa, Australia, or Galapagos this year. I don't think anyone has posted that they've booked Alaska, Quest for the West or the Mid-Atlantic trip either, which is surprising. Maybe I just missed it or maybe you've been keeping it to yourself. :) So where is everybody really going for their vacation this year? I started out planning on the Galapagos trip, changed to Alpine Magic, then Peru and finally to Tauck Bridges Yosemite trip. Since I'll be saving so much on airfare this year by not going overseas, I hope to be able to go all out next year. So I'm really looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about your 2010 trips.

I am going on Southwest Splendors in July. This will be my first ABD. If I like it, I hope to book another for 2011. :thumbsup2

As you've said (if I can survive the next 8 days without ABD canceling it!) I'll be doing the ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic cruise. :cool1:

Sayhello

We opted to pour all of our savings into the Baltic cruise with DCL! So--our next ABD will have to wait until 2011, unless I hit the lotto or we decide to borrow against the house! (I'd love to go to Peru at xmas--and who knows...). We await (once again) August.

I booked a Princess Cruise tour to Alaska.:goodvibes Maybe sometime i will do the ABD Alaska tour. Sayhello;s trip report of Alaska made me really interested in going. :)

I booked Alaska for the 3rd week in July this year,I talked to ABD and as of Thursday they had 23 confirmed as a go? Hope the girl knows what she is talking about.Can't wait to go.If for some reason they cancel(hope they don't)we will be going with Tauck Tours.

We finally decided - today (last day) - to do the Baltic with DCL this summer. The increased $$ of the S.Africa trip compared to last year irritated me too much.:)

We are doing the Mid-Atlantic during the week of July 4th. I will be :mad::sad1::scared: if it gets cancelled.

I have high hopes for those of you who have booked and are worried about cancellations. You never know, but I think it's a good sign that they haven't cancelled any yet (that we know about). By this time last year, I believe there were several of us who had already had our trips cancelled. I got the cancellation call on Jan 6 last year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

I have high hopes for those of you who have booked and are worried about cancellations. You never know, but I think it's a good sign that they haven't cancelled any yet (that we know about). By this time last year, I believe there were several of us who had already had our trips cancelled. I got the cancellation call on Jan 6 last year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!
From your mouth to ABD's ears! ;)

Sayhello

Nobody has booked Quest for the West? Or Ireland? That's usually a popular one too.

Backstage Magic-July 18th. Would also be very interested in a Gateway Ireland trip. I have high hopes of no cancellation as the price went up for my trip!:)

I booked the Viva Italia trip for May 27th to June 4th. I have not called ABD to see how many are booked for the trip, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

We made a reservation for the Tauck Bridges Yosemite trip for July 2010.

We will be there just before you. We're booked on the June 20 Tauck Bridges trip. We're really looking forward to it. Have you traveled with them before?

We are going on Knights & Lights (June 11), followed by Alpine Magic (June 20). We're also doing the Tauck tour to Philadelphia/Williamsburg/Washington D.C. on May 9th... :)

We are going on Knights & Lights (June 11), followed by Alpine Magic (June 20). We're also doing the Tauck tour to Philadelphia/Williamsburg/Washington D.C. on May 9th... :)

Wow! You're my hero! :) I'm am seriously considering doing back-to-back Eurpoean tours next year - 2 ABDs or maybe some other company or a combination of ABD and another company, if the dates work out right. If I'm going to pay the airfare ro Europe, I figure I might as well stay awhile.

Wow! You're my hero.! :) I'm am seriously considering doing back-to-back Eurpoean tours next year - 2 ABDs or maybe some other company or a combination of ABD and another compnay, if the dates work out right. If I'm going to pay the airfare ro Europe, I figure I might as well stay awhile.

LOL Thanks. We would do more back-to-back trips if AbD offered a larger or more lucrative loyalty discount. And that was also our reasoning - to maximize our airfare dollars to Europe by spending more time (and Euros) there. :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter