• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What treats do you take home from your Disney trips?

I have never brought edible stuff away from Disney. We go for between 15-17 nights over Christmas so by the last day, when my clothes are feeling very, very snug, I usually tell myself 'you need to be good when you get home', but now I've read this thread I tell myself 'how boring am I?'

We bring home the giant cookies, bags of Goofy's candy, usually a box of shortbreads for my in-laws, bags of popcorn, chocolate covered caramels from Karamel Kuche, peanut butter cups and sometimes fudge. It depends on if we have the dining plan or not and have leftover snack credits.

The last time we went, we stopped in the bakery on Main Street and used our remaining snack credits. We got the big mickey head cookies, the chocolate dipped marshmallows, coconuts macaroons and a few other things. They made it through our plane ride in perfect condition and it kept the Disney magic alive a bit longer when we were back at work. Also in my opinion we enjoyed it more than the prepackaged goodies we have taken home in the past.

Not to be a downer, because I like bringing back treats too, but you probably want to eat the macarons soon after buying them. I haven't tried the macarons in France @ Epcot yet, but I do get them any time I find them at other bakeries. They get hard quickly & crumble. A couple of days can be the difference between the best pastry ever & a crumbly mess that goes straight to the trash. If the bakery in France doesn't use a lot more preservatives than most, I can't imagine theirs would be a lot different.

Last edited:
Not to be a downer, because I like bringing back treats too, but you probably want to eat the macarons soon after buying them. I haven't tried the macarons in France yet, but I do get them any time I find them at other bakeries. They get hard quickly & crumble. A couple of days can be the difference between the best pastry ever & a crumbly mess that goes straight to the trash. If the bakery in France doesn't use a lot more preservatives than most, I can't imagine theirs would be a lot different.

Thanks for the heads-up! I may end up getting them on my departure day and eating them the flight home!

Mickey Rice Krispy Treats (The ones with chocolate dipped ears and multi colored Mickey ears on a stick)

"Heavy Cookies" (The really heavy ones they sell in the case at Goofy's or The Confectionary..or pre packaged at most places)

Goofy's Candy Co. Sour Gummy Characters (The regular are good too)

Aloha Macs (Sold at the Polynesian)

Stuff from Karamel Kuche
Tell me, please, what is an "Aloha Mac"? I'm intrigued!

Thanks for the heads-up! I may end up getting them on my departure day and eating them the flight home!
I do so love me a good macaron, we get them every time we go to NYC at Christmas time, I will have to try the ones in France (in Epcot lol)

We don't buy much of anything more since all our favorites are no longer made. So we usually stop at the Russell Stovers in Wildwood and get chocolate to take home with us (and eat in the car). We used to get a bucket or two of caramel corn from Sleepy Hollow, some chocolate (Mickey turtles) and fudge from the Main Street Confectionary and probably a bag of cotton candy.

Rice Krispy Treats. Always.

I always end up with a big bag of candy/snacks from the Japan Pavilion in Epcot.

And I still regret not buying a second mini cake from Amorette's Patisserie to take home. Something to dream about for next time...

Rice Krispy Treats. Always.

I always end up with a big bag of candy/snacks from the Japan Pavilion in Epcot.

And I still regret not buying a second mini cake from Amorette's Patisserie to take home. Something to dream about for next time...
How was the mini cake from amorette's? Totally looking forward to this :)

Chocolates from Italy (the individual pieces). Expensive, but I had to try them, especially the Lemoncello.

Various candies from UK. Milkybar, Turkish Delight, round tins of fruit flavored hard candies, and a few other things.

Karamell Kuche's caramel apples and bags/boxes of Werther's caramels, Riesens, and Toffifay.

The small red boxes of chocolate and vanilla cookies seen all over the parks.

Aloha Macs from Poly. Bought 3 boxes this past trip.

(Edit - here's a picture of a portion of our haul...forgot a few things, though :))

View attachment 201376

I see Drinking Chocolate in your photo! That's the only way to have it, none of this watered-down Swiss Miss stuff. But I get it at World Market. I have to assume it's cheaper than at Disney and I can get it without a trip. Yummy!

I see Drinking Chocolate in your photo! That's the only way to have it, none of this watered-down Swiss Miss stuff. But I get it at World Market. I have to assume it's cheaper than at Disney and I can get it without a trip. Yummy!

I've gotten the Ghirardelli Drinking Chocolate that is served at the Festival Center during the Food & Wine Festival. Does not even compare to the usual hot chocolate. Very rich, but yummy!

Yep, all I saw was CADBURY, and it was going home with me :laughing: The price was $7.95, so about the same as WM online.

The first time I had drinking chocolate was at Ghirardelli/DS, but it was like drinking a melted chocolate bar. I couldn't finish it.

I'm guessing this can be thinned down to more of a hot cocoa consistency?

:confused3I've always brought home about 15 of the nut clusters that you could get at Main Street and the Contemporary resort (cashew and macadamia nuts)....I say could get because they didn't have any when we stopped three weeks ago on our way out...Thank goodness I had stopped at KK to get caramel goodies the night before...So disappointed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter