• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Treasure cruise are you booking next week?

Planning on booking March Eastern Itinerary. Hoping there's lots to do onboard as I get bored after on sea day. 😛 I was actually tempted to book concierge, but decided to go with verandah, knowing we'll spend a lot on add on activities.

I'm with you, I'm not overly optimistic as well. For us, it was a last-minute booking in June to use up our remaining vacation days available before year's end. That and I wanted to experience the concierge on the Wish and with much trepidation, spend a couple of days at WDW (I haven't been there post covid). I've been completely turned off by the slave to the phone app, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, ILL$, 7:00 AM day of lottery game to book attractions, dining restrictions/changes, Park Hopper changes, etc. The further along I advance in my 50's I guess the grumpier I'm getting. LOL
I'm in my 50s and don't find it that you have to be 100% tied to the phone. There are only 2 rides that have the VQ at this point (and I wouldn't be surprised to see Guardians come off of that at some point). Yes, you're booking LLs, but that's every 2 hours - or while you're in the LL line for a ride after tapping in, whichever comes first. Dining is actually a little better since they did away with the 24 hour notice for most and it's 2 hours. I've not found it to be as glued to the phone as some people seem to think you have to be. Needed to have one? Yes. Needed to be on it constantly? No.

We are trying for May 3rd. We haven't done the Wish yet because the princess theme doesn't interest us in the least. The Treasure seems much better. I definitely have some concerns around the Triton class in general but we need to try it at least once. It feels that this will be the tipping point if DCL will continue to be for us or not in the future.

I'm planning on doing the February 1st sailing to San Juan. I'm not crazy about the layout of the rooms on the Wish and the Marvel dinner. I'm hoping they might adjust a few things in the room for clothing/storage. Between nice clothes and shoes for dinner, and everyday clothes and shoes for me and my girlfriend, it might be a tight fit for 7 days. I am DEFINITELY looking forward to having Mickey's BBQ and Donald's Cantina every single day for 7 days though....I am in love with the Festival of Foods. And I love the Beauty and the Beast stage show on the Dream so that'll be great too.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but with the brouhaha DCL experienced in the Wish being delayed and having to cancel the original maiden voyage, I can't imagine they won't do everything in their power to keep that from happening again. IIRC there is a much larger gap between announcement of key milestones of the Treasure to when her maiden voyage is as compared to the Wish, so DCL seems to be giving themselves much more cushion. Add in that's a Merrytime sailing over Christmas, and you can bet DCL is highly motivated to not lose out on that revenue.

Of course, things happen, but I would say the maiden voyage should likely go as scheduled, barring any huge catastrophes.

Last edited:
I seen on another thread someone took what I want. Congrats to them. They only paid a cheap price of 97k dollars. That was for 2 adults and one child. I knew I had little chance since I’m not Pearl. Oh well can’t have that one guess I will have to book my normal inside stateroom on one of the January cruises. Once again congrats to them.

If I could I'd book over my birthday, but my husband needs to save up more vacation time first. :rolleyes1

We're planning on an eastern in April or May, depending on which is the cheapest when our window opens tomorrow. We have yet to go to Tortola and had been wanting to do another Eastern anyway, so this will fit the bill nicely.

My dad and I booked on the March 29th-April 5th Eastern Sailing never been to Tortola and we enjoy San Juan and three sea days. Also closer to when it wont snow right before we leave so mom won't lecture us

My dad and I booked on the March 29th-April 5th Eastern Sailing never been to Tortola and we enjoy San Juan and three sea days. Also closer to when it wont snow right before we leave so mom won't lecture us
I'm jealous, I reallllllly want to do that itinerary. Tortola is my favorite Eastern Caribbean port, and I also loved San Juan, so putting those two on the same sailing is 😍.

We got it, and we have friends who are gold who will be booking it on the gold booking day. We hope it works out for them!
This is the one we want too, but we can't book until the 18th so I'm hoping it still has openings. We're not super picky about staterooms.

We're booked for February. It's a little closer to the maiden than I'd like, but it's what works for our schedule. Hopefully they'll know what kinks to expect after the Wish and it will be fine.

I called this morning and booked. I was on hold for less than 2 minutes. I’m not sure what’s up with the website but I still can’t book online.

Doesn't seem to be selling as fast as the Wish did.... heck no problem at all just browsing the options.
I think this is probably due to four things (and maybe others too, lol):
  1. People were starting to get back into traveling as the pandemic (at least the worst parts of it) eased up. There was a lot of demand for 'revenge travel' when the Wish went on sale.
  2. The Wish was the first new DCL ship in a long time, so it was very "ooh shiny" and everyone wanted to see it. Since the Wish just debuted a little over a year ago, there's not as much excitement over another new ship.
  3. Many are not fans of the Wish, so seeing that the Treasure is pretty much a carbon copy of the Wish with some themes changed is not that exciting for some.
  4. The price! The price for the maiden voyage is out of this world, and even early sailings into 2024 are spendy. Add in the other 3 I mentioned above and I think that's a good combination of reasons why the Treasure is selling much more slowly.

I booked the April 26-May 3 cruise. Booked a 4E but concerned there may not be loungers. I’m on the fence and not sure I’ll keep it. Really waiting for the next release. I used a placeholder, but have 3 more and will get another in November. I’ve not been on the Wish. Not crazy about the same old itineraries. Love to see some new Caribbean ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter