What travel guide do you recommend?

Passporter's DCL book, of course. It is great!

Passporter. I've used their WDW guides for years and their DCL guide for our first cruise last year. Bought the 2010 guides for this year's trips, too.

Thanks everyone! Heading out to buy it - and also pick up the Hidden Mickey's at Sea book!!

If you can't find it locally, order from their website. I got mine in about a week.

And don't forget to check out the on-line community there. It's another nice place to "hang out."

Devil's advocate here.

None.

I'd just use this forum. It's more current, you get a variety of opinions and it's interactive.

How often does Passporter update their information?

Seems like with all the new features, etc. with the new ship, the Dream, some stuff might be an unknown and the timliest info would be online here from people that actually have cruised In the first 2 or 3 months and can provide personal feedback.

Same with the new Wonder Mexican Riviera cruises next year. I know DIsney cruised MR 2 or 3 years ago, but wouldn't some information have changed by now so that info might be dated?

tvguy said:
Devil's advocate here.

None.

I'd just use this forum. It's more current, you get a variety of opinions and it's interactive.

I totally agree. I waited so long to get this year's Passporter that by the time it arrived I had learned SO much more from this board. Now it is just gathering dust.

I just ordered my Passporter with the binder. Can't wait to see it! I am sure I have probably learned most of it here, but reading it will help pass the time more quickly. Got the Hidden Mickey's book for the last cruise and we really enjoyed that. Got the Birnbaum's DCL guide. Fun to read but not all that informative...

We just got the Passporter - it's good. But honestly, I'm new to this board and there's so much good info to get and share that I don't think that we really need the book after all - no offence to the authors :)

We get a new Passporter every trip we make to WDW because it gives updated info each year (as well as any info known for the next year as well), and just got the DCL passporter for our cruise and what I love about it is that all the info is in one place (most of the info I've found on here I could already find in my PassPorter) and it has worksheets and pockets to put all our reservation information, tickets, etc., and then have a quick reference for while we're there, along with places to keep souvenirs like tickets, maps, etc., and places to jot down memories while we're there so we can remember when we get back (I use my notes to make photo albums, etc.) When the kids want to talk about an upcoming Disney trip (or are missing Disney and want to remember past trips) we get out the Passporters! Plus, the information IS kept up todate with updates online that you can download. (I like the ones in the binder because I can print out updates and add them to my Passporter!) Plus they have extra worksheets and other "guides" online that you can download to supplement your Passporter and I like to use them as we are making plans so that as I make changes, I can update the reservation information and reprint and I have a nice new (clean) version! And NO, I don't work for PassPorter....I just love them!

Clawmachine is right, the DCL PP was late coming out this year. I think it was in part because so many people have booked on the Dream and they were waiting to get as much finalized info as they could to include there.

And as Andie mentioned above, there are updates available on their website. They also have an e-newsletter that can be subscribed to.

I, too, like having the "hard copy" of the various guidebooks in hand that I can read when I need a little "Disney fix." And even though I can ask questions here and get all the info I need, sometimes I stumble across something in a guide book that I hadn't thought about before, and wouldn't have known to ask about. Then too, I'm a book girl. Ask my DH and he'll tell you about all my books on assorted topics scattered around the house.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter