What to wear to MVMCP?

AnjieNet

DIS Veteran
I've seen several people mention that you should wear Christmasy clothes to the party. I found the cutest Christmas Minnie t-shirt for my daughter ... comes in both long sleeve and short sleeve. Which should I get? Does it generally get pretty chilly this time of year? We would be at the 12/16 party. I'd love to see some pics of families at the party. I am so excited to see Disney during the holidays.

I've seen several people mention that you should wear Christmasy clothes to the party. I found the cutest Christmas Minnie t-shirt for my daughter ... comes in both long sleeve and short sleeve. Which should I get? Does it generally get pretty chilly this time of year? We would be at the 12/16 party. I'd love to see some pics of families at the party. I am so excited to see Disney during the holidays.

Good Question- I'd like to know too!

You cannot predict what the weather will be like that time of year in Orlando it could be 30 or it could be 70; however, I would opt for the long sleeve version since you will probably need a jacket anyway.

:santa:

I would opt for long sleeve as well. The evenings can be chilly even if the day is warm :)

We went to MVMCP a few years back on Dec. 1st and it was very cold (we are upstate NYers, we are used to the cold.) The days were quite warm, but very chilly when the sun goes down. We had brought light weight sweatsuits for the kdis, and wound up buying them all heavy sweatshirts, Disney golves and hats. While they are great and we still have them, they were an added expense we didn't plan on having on our last night of our trip. I thought we were prepared, we were not, especially for the boat (I don't know why we opted for the boat) ride home. I say go with the long sleeves. We go lalte November and always or close to always wind up wearing sweatshirts at night.

From another NYer...
Definitely get the long sleeved shirt. Ditto to the previous posters. I have been to WDW twice in late November early December and needed a sweatshirt during the evenings. The days sometimes were warm enough for shorts, but it cools down quickly when the sun goes down.

OK, I will be the dissenter! :rotfl:

We went to MVMCP in early December 2006 and I brought a red, wool, Mickey Christmas sweater to wear. It was well over 80 degrees that day, and the lows never got below 70 degrees. I sweat to death in that thing! :rotfl:

So be prepared for both kinds of weather (which is no easy feat in the days of paying for checked luggage on the airlines :sad2: This is just one more reason to fly SW! :thumbsup2 )

Our last trip was April 2000. The weather was warm so I thought I'd bring some dressier clothes and shoes for nice dinners...yeah, that didn't work so well. After walking EVERYWHERE all day, it was comfy clothes and tennis shoes! There are only a few places to eat that require you to dress up, so dress for comfort!

When we go to a hard-ticket event, like MVMCP, we do themed shirts for everybody in our party.

We're going early december.....I couldn't decide either...here's what I did: I got the short sleeve Tshirts and purchased plain white long sleeve T's to go under them incase it's cold. The layered look.

I also purchased iron ons ($2 each) for the long sleeve shirts....so we have two christmas shirts.

OK, I will be the dissenter! :rotfl:

We went to MVMCP in early December 2006 and I brought a red, wool, Mickey Christmas sweater to wear. It was well over 80 degrees that day, and the lows never got below 70 degrees. I sweat to death in that thing! :rotfl:

So be prepared for both kinds of weather (which is no easy feat in the days of paying for checked luggage on the airlines :sad2: This is just one more reason to fly SW! :thumbsup2 )
I was there the same time, and we had bought the short sleeve shirts for the kids, and baseball shirts for the adults and we had record high temps. I had brought a red turtleneck to put under my son's tshirt for the party if we needed it, but it was warm. We never wore a sweatshirt, wore shorts every day, and only one morning when we went to mk for opening, my son wore a jacket, but I was fine in a t-shirt. We really lucked out. I did pack long pants and shirts for us that never got worn. Here's a pic of us at the party. It is so much fun. Have a great time.
WDW2006176.jpg

Funny, I just posted this on another thread this morning. I'm jealous of all of you going for Christmas this year.

We will be at MVMCP on Dec. 14th. We went 2 years ago and lots of people had on Xmas attire. Can you tell me where you found the Minnie t-shirt for your daughter? I'd like to pick up a long sleeve one for my DD.
Thanks!
Kelly

Like the OP said, it can be close to 80 in December. It can also be close to 40. We had a pretty mild winter last year. We never needed more than sweatshirts. I've never attended a MVMCP as a guest, but I did walk in the parade the past 6 years with my cheerleaders. Most people do wear holiday related outfits or at the very least some type of Santa hat. If only DH would spring for tickets. :confused3 After going to a dud of a Pirate and Princess last year, he has no interest in ticketed events.

we're going in early december. I don't own anything christmasy....I barely own any red or green at all.
I'm wearing layered tank tops during the day and if/when it gets cold at night I'll have a zip up hoodie..... and scarf and hat just in case.

We're going early december.....I couldn't decide either...here's what I did: I got the short sleeve Tshirts and purchased plain white long sleeve T's to go under them incase it's cold. The layered look.

I also purchased iron ons ($2 each) for the long sleeve shirts....so we have two christmas shirts.

I like this idea alot.:thumbsup2 That being said it can get very cold in Dec, you might just need a t shirt but I would also take a sweatshirt too. Layers work best in the month of Dec.:santa:

I would buy a short sleeved shirt, but bring long sleeved shirts to layer under and a hoddie to layer over it if it is cold.

Everyone wish me luck... I'm trying to get my 19turning20thistrip brother to dress up and he will have none of it.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter