What to wear to dinner (PICS)

I'll tell you what we're probably wearing since I have a DH going and kids. On formal night, myself and DD5 will be in formal dresses I may even opt for a long dress depending on what I can find in stores and DH will be in a suit and DS7 too, but only because we're taking onboard portraits and may use them for our Christmas cards.
On semi formal types of nights, DH and DS will wear button down shirts and a tie and khakis. DD will wear a dress more on the formal side or a princess dress.
Other nights, I'll wear a dress probably and because I have some already that I haven't even worn, but a night or two I'll wear nice jeans (no mom jeans) with strappy heels and a nice sequin camisole babydoll type top with chunky earrings and necklace and I'll feel totally comfortable and not out of place. DH may wear jeans one night with a polo shirt but probably more like on the first night. DS has a lot of polo shirts, so he'll wear those most nights maybe with jeans or cargo pants. We won't wear shorts in the dining room, but that's just us.

Hope this helps!

I would always rather be too dressed up then not dressed enough, but that's me. Seems like everyone has their own preference on that and honestly you should wear what you feel comfortable in as long as it's not too casual (shorts, tank tops etc.).

I wore dresses for every night except for pirate night when I wore jeans with a pirate shirt and other piratey accessories. On semi-formal night I wore a semi-formal cocktail dress. On formal night I wore a long gown and felt very comfortable. After all it was "formal" night :)))) Even if I was the only person dressed up I'd still feel great about my choice. That being said there was about a 50/50 ratio for those being semi-formal/formal and those that just wore a dress or pant suit - so either way you'll be fine!:hippie:

thank you all for your responses... I was thinking..its just a 3 day...I didn't think we would have a formal night..silly me.

I just returned from a five night repositioning cruise (Vancouver to LA) on the Wonder and most evenings were "cruise casual" dress for dinner. This ranged from jeans and T-shirts to dress shirts and slacks (no tie.) We did have a "semi-formal" night and I wore a black business suit and tie. The following morning we had brunch at Palo and I wore a Hawaiian shirt with my suit trousers.

I see some people mentioned shorts at dinner, but it was my understanding shorts weren't allowed at dinner. They were perfectly fine at breakfast and lunch but not dinner.

redneck_prom.jpg

During our March 2011 MR cruise, I was in Dockers and button down long sleeve shirts, my wife and daughter were in mainly dresses and skirts, and my son wore Dockers type pants with a polo type shirt. On the formal and semi-formal nights, my son and I had ties on but no coats. We did not seem out of place on the two formal nights.

Going back to 2007, I have two black dresses I like to wear and change the look of with shawls and such, so you will see them repeated in a few of the pics below.

Disney Wonder, October 2009
IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Disney Magic, November 2010
IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2326-1.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

RCI Monarch, January 2011
IMG_3172.jpg

scan0003.jpg

RCI Sovereign, September 2007
S5002732.jpg

RCI Sovereign, October 2003
Groupcruise.jpg

RCI Sovereign, October 1997
CindyBlackDressRCCL.jpg

Cindy003.jpg

Going on the upcoming Tday cruise on Magic. Does anyone know if there is any X-Mas theme on the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter