• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to take to HHI?

It is good to know that items are not more expensive. Last time at Publix or the Piggly Wiggly Coke Cola was over $5.00 for a 12 pack. :scared1: Here in OH, you can get on sale for $2.50 a 12 pack. :worship: That is what I remembered.

We will be arriving on July 2nd. Are there any special celebrations for the 4th that might interest us?

Try to arrive as early as possible on July 2nd. It will be a madhouse coming on-island the Sat. before the 4th. And it's probably worth it to bring a few groceries so you can wait to shop the next day.

Would anyone know....we are staying in Palmetto Dunes and would like to kayak the lagoons there, but are there alligators in them?

Have to disagree about the grocery prices. We are in OH and go to HH yearly. We find the prices at the groceries there much higher and always take all our non-perishibles. Buy only produce, meat and dairy while there. Saves on the budget and also on time spent in the crowded groceries.

Would anyone know....we are staying in Palmetto Dunes and would like to kayak the lagoons there, but are there alligators in them?

My dd did this kayak tour and a friend of hers used to work there. While there could be alligators I wouldn't worry about it---and it's a nice enjoyable kayak trip.

We were just in Palmetto Dunes a few weeks ago. We shopped at the Publix and the Piggly Wiggly at Shelter Cove. I don't recall the prices being that much higher than at home except for the milk. Have fun! You'll love it there!

My son and husband went kayaking last year and didn't mention anything about the alligators. They went in the afternoon and came back very hot and sweaty. I would suggest going early. They did have a good time.

Try to arrive as early as possible on July 2nd. It will be a madhouse coming on-island the Sat. before the 4th. And it's probably worth it to bring a few groceries so you can wait to shop the next day.

What time do you suggest?
:rolleyes1

most check in times are at 4:00. Traffic on 278 starts backing up on summer Saturdays by 2- 2:30. I would definitely try to be as close to the bridge as possible by if not on the island by 2 then if you bring a cooler, you could stock up on some essentails to get you thru the night. So jealous you are heading there so soon... We have 6 more weeks!

What time do you suggest?
:rolleyes1

On Sat. before 4th of July (the biggest check-in day of the entire summer) I would try to be arriving by noon. Depends on how long a drive you have that day though (in general it will be a very heavy travel day). If you're leaving the following Sat. try to get a head start then, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter