What to take on a run away from home when you are not going overnight

ironpig70

DIS Veteran
I'm kinda in a weird spot with my next two runs.

Next up is a 1/2 marathon which will be held an hour from home. After I run I am a sweaty mess and after a hot shower I stand there in the cold to cool down.

After that is a mud run almost 3 hours from home which shall be even more of a challenge as I will be wet and muddy.

Any ideas on how to clean up and cool down in the field? I know in the past the mud runs had cold showers which got off the big stuff but with being 3 hours from home it will be a long ride home.

I did the Run For Your Lives event and attempted to use their showers" to get the crud out of everything. Yeah, it's nice but, it doesn't work.

What I did was take with me 3 gallons of water to "shower" with after the race. Had my bf hold a towel up while I changed. I felt so much better!

Next race I will take an outdoor change/shower room (kinda like a tent) and we'll use that for the most privacy and just pop it up next to the car.

Mud runs are soooo much fun. I just want to be comfy for the festivities after! LOL!!

I'm a runner and a very heavy sweater. On long runs, especially in heat, my clothes are completely saturated. Since I like to mix up my routes, I sometimes drive up to 30 min to do a long run. Before I start my run, I line the car seat with the biggest garbage bag money can buy... After my run I wring out my shirt, wash off my hands and climb in. By the time I get home I'm done sweating and I carefully remove the garbage bag and wipe it off for next time. Works fine for me.

3 hour drive in mud, though? Maybe you'll need to wear a garbage bag home!

Good luck!

I did the Dirty Girl mud run and they had "showers" and a changing area. Everyone who had done other mud runs said they were the nicest ones. I'm planning on taking a pop up shower thing and lots of water for any other mud runs besides the Dirty Girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter