What to serve with pea soup?

melk

DIS Veteran
I am having a group of about 15 later this month for lunch and with the cold weather I thought I would make a split pea and ham soup. What else do you recommend I serve with it? I am thinking salad and bread but I'm wondering about some type of hot casserole in case anyone doesn't care for pea soup.

Thanks for any ideas!!

Salad and bread, and a substantial dessert like apple betty or oatmeal cookies. If you wanted, you could make a second pot of some other kind of soup with a different texture - say beef barley or beef vegetable.

I'd do a vegetarian option soup - leek and potato is nice and filling:goodvibes

Could you do Grilled Cheese for the 15? I love grilled cheese with pea soup. Oh, and did you see Oprah a few weeks back about doing a grilled cheese party? It looked so good we are planning on doing one now that it's getting colder!

Whatever you do make sure to have some toppings for the soup-soda crackers, oyster crackers, and croutons all are great on top. Oh, and how about some extra pieces of browned ham and/or bacon?

Okay, I'm hungry for pea soup now.:rotfl2:

Is the pea soup going to be the main entree or just an appetizer to warm you up? If its the entree maybe do some muffins or homemade bread (tis the season for pumpkin bread :) ) If its the appetizer perhaps a small casserole would be nice, maybe a simple mac n cheese casserole or try a new recipe that you find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter