What to send to room for Anniversary??

shari2shop

Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's
Help

DH and I are going at the end of Sept for our 10th anniversary. I want to have something sent to our room from 'Mickey and Minnie'.

I really wanted to have giftsofalifetime send a basket with GOH badges; matching, sexy *blush* pj's and something else like a picture frame. Well, I email Jane and she said that they can't do that. I looked all over thier site but do not see anything that I think would work for our anniversary. I then thought I'd send flowers but I really don't plan to spend much time in our rooms so I think they would be a waste.

What should I do?? This is Dh first trip and I want him to think that WDW is a really special place and that they went the extra mile for us.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Shari:wave:

I like the idea of flowers. You'll see them when you wake-up and when you come back from a long day. You could still mail all those other things that you were talking about to your resort. Wrap them up with letters, candles, and place them in a box. And they will be there when you check-in.

Ray :)

I have contacted pixie gifts. You can cutomize your own basket. Prices start at $75. I am going on August 24th with my DH for our second honeymoon. I had them make up a basket with a little fan, T-shirt, mickey waist pouch, hat, water, poncho, camera,etc welcoming him to disney. You canm customize a basket for him: what about wine and disney flutes or matching t-shirts with your names on them? Be imaginative. Hope this helps!

Michelle
12 more days!!!!

I called the WDW Florist at (407) 827-3505 and got a dozen Yellow Roses, a box of Pooh/Tigger chocolates, and a magnum of champagne. It was about $160 (our anniversay is well worth it).

Also called and got some ressies for a nite at the California Grille around fireworks time so we can see the fireworks from the balcony.

There is a nice ceremony at EPCOT (Garden Grille), that is called the rehitchin ceremony. It sounds like it will be really fun. It's a character dinner and they gather round you and embarass you by making you kiss for a 100 count (whilst standing on a chair), of course they count by 10's after 10.

You can get the GOH badges by going on-line (www.google.com - guest of honor badges), and get some other stuff once you're down there.

If you have the time - get the book "Walt Disney World for Couples 2002-2003) by Rick and Gayle Perlmutter (ISBN 0-7615-3198-X) it has a lot of stuff for romantic getaways. It has some really neat stuff (like spots to watch the fireworks from outside the park, and then being able to turn around and watch the electrical water parade.

I thought the gifts of a lifetime were just a bit out of my range, besides, they missed the mark a bit for us.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,
Denis
:bounce:

Thanks for all the different options everyone! Since I have most of the details for our trip already planned I'm set to spend some time on making this anniversary magical. I"ve thrown in the towel on thinking I might get away with something inexpensive!

Shari :D

Does WDW Florist have a website or a catalog to view the packages available for special occasions?

Krissalee :earsgirl:

I don't think there is a catalog or site for the WDW Florist (there probably should be huh?)

When I called them, they gave me a complete list of what they have available. They folks were very friendly (aren't they always though).

Cheers,
Denis
:bounce:

I was thinking about starting a thread and have people who have used WDW florist tell what they got and how much it was. That way when I call I will sorta know what to expect. And have some ideas on the creative things that they can do. Has there been a thread like that recently??? I searched and didn't find anything. Did I overlook something?

Shari:earsgirl:

2 years ago we mentioned this when we checked in.....

After a day at the park, we rturned to find souvenir glasses set up at the table
and a picture of bride and grrom mickey and minnie.

I was a very sweet touch and it doesn't hurt to mention this fact as you check in
that would hopefully impress your DH.

jo

shari2shop - I haven't seen a thread like that and would find any info very useful!

Krissalee :earsgirl:

write jane at gifts of a lifetime again and ask her to arrange an event in one of the parks. i asked her to plan a suprise for my husbands birthday and she had so many wonderful ideas that i had trouble choosing.

build the basket yourself and send it ahead of time.

Hi,

I know you have already made arrangments with the WDW Florist, (who by the way I highly recc. if they are in your budget.) But, for future refrence I would also suggest checking with
WWW.BasketsbyLori.com

Have a great anniversary trip!
Mmketeer

This is what I have planned for our 15th anniversary in October. I have arranged for a limo to pick us up at the airport ($45 extra - we'll have a towncar for the return trip). I called the Beach Club room service and they will have a bottle of champagne chilling in our room when we return from Illuminations ($35 house champagne inc. tax & gratuity). Arribas Bros. at Downtown Disney is going to deliver, that same evening, Mickey champagne flutes with our name and date etched in them. ($35 inc etching). I tossed around having a basket delivered, but really like the idea of the flutes being personalized.

Everyone that I have contacted has been very helpful and I am having so much fun planning these surprises!

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Duet,

Do you have a number for Arribas Bros.? Are they located at Downtown Disney? I am interested in those champagne flutes you mentioned you had inscribed. Sounds like a great idea.:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter