What to send ahead to our resort?

annabug

Mamabug
Hi Everyone!

I would like to send ahead a box of things to the Beach Club to minimize what I need to pack and carry with me when we travel.

What do you all pack into that box when you send it ahead of time? Just looking for any tips or good ideas !

TIA!! Annabug

Hi Annabug! We like to ship all of our toiletries - sunscreen, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair products (I buy the small samples from the salon), bandaids, moleskin as well as some laundry detergent packs and dryer sheets. I have also thrown in there some little things like glow bracelets

Enjoy the Beach Club! Hope you have a blast in StormAlong Bay!

We sent beach towels and laundry supplies. Also some camp plates and cups to use for breakfast in the room (I don't like using paper). We also had a super cheap toaster shipped from Amazon direct to the resort (AoA). Nice for toast and bagels in the morning. We left it behind.

I agree, I would ship anything disposable --snacks, toiletries, line entertainment, glow stix, ponchos, etc. I would put sunscreen in my carry-on though so we could use it upon arrival.

Remember you need to pack things to come home, plus souvenirs, unless you plan to ship a box back as well. So don't ship anything ahead that you won't use/don't have room to pack coming home.

I love the Beach Club!! So relaxing, and smells AMAZING. Have a wonderful trip!

TY for your replies!!! I plan to pack a bunch of toiletries, snacks, sunscreen. But i don't want to send too much and have to wordy about bringing it home. I think I will pack a flat empty bag for the way home, because I will need room for all of my souvenirs too!!

Since Beach Club is a convention resort, be aware that they charge a handling fee for receiving packages. The fee is per package and depends on weight. It is anywhere from $3-$10.

We just do carry-ons for the plane ride and send box down. We do not plan on bringing back anything that is in the box.

We pack:
Disposable ponchos
Sunscreen
Lotions
Toiletries + a cheap hanging organizer
Just a few snacks (we have FD so don't need to much, but sometimes you need something)
Some glow bracelets
Decorations for our hotel window
Scissors
Cheap flip flops
Laundry & Dish Detergent (wash out resort mug)
Cold, Stomach, and various Medicines
Some latex free bandaids (I'm allergic and you'd be surprised how hard these are to get)
Clorox Wipes
Qtips
Disposable razors
And few other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I order snacks, water bottles, laundry detergent, cereal, milk, bowls, spoons, etc...... from Garden Grocer. I place my order about 5 weeks ahead of time and I love that it is delivered directly to the resort. It is dropped off at bell services and they put it in a large fridge (if needed) and then after I check in they will deliver it up to the room!

Do not forget gum for for flight home - or to chew at WDW - just watch were you dispose of it.
No gum is sold at WDW for reasons on where it sticks ;)

Tinkerbell gifts,
bottled water (Amazon or Staples),
extra bottle of sunscreen,
first aid kit,
sponges with dishwashing soap dried on them (to wash resort drink mugs),
ponchos,
clothespins,
gatorade packets,
multiple sizes of zip-lock bags,
cheap hanging sweater organizers,
travel-size chlorox wipes,
travel-size hand-wipes,
blank dvds for photos,
scissors
packing and duct tape

I've had boxes shipped to the Swan, Dolphin, and BWI several times and never been charged a fee.
It is inconsistent - they charge some people but not others.

I pack all the same things mentioned above, but don't ship anything you might need right away. Most of the time I've gotten my box within an hour of checking in, but a couple times it's taken all day. It depends how busy they are the day you check in.

I wasn't charged for three boxes at BC in May.

Thanks everyone!! I am also ordering from garden grocer, but that mostly perishables, water, wine..LOL...... Im also going to pack floats for the pool, my water misters, kids snacks, toiletries, but i will keep in mind that i may not have this box immediately, so i can't pack my " need right away " items...

I pack what I will need......some snacks. Those don't come back. I have never shipped a package.
We order groceries from WeGoShop and have also use Garden Grocer

Yes, if you need the box right away ask them at the desk for it right then. Do not have them say, oh we'll deliver it to the room for you. That can take a loooong time if you are unlucky, like us. We made that mistake in 2013, and ended up waiting a long while in the room before we trekked back down to the front desk and got it.

The two times I had to wait all day for my packages were at BC and AoA. Even if I waited at the desk instead of waiting in my room for the box to be delivered, it was a matter of getting someone to find my box and bring it out. How long that takes depends on how busy the resort is and how many boxes are in the back.

I begged for my package at AoA because my nephew came down with a fever and our thermometer and meds were in the box, and it still took hours. YMMV, but I learned my lesson that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter