What to replace 'Ohana with?

autumnpalm

DIS Veteran
Our traditional first night dinner is 'Ohana, but with the recent menu changes and inconsistent reviews, I am thinking of switching to someplace new. I am just stumped on what to replace it with! No kids, just adults and we will be spending our first evening in the MK with Wishes at 10:00.

In the MK/MK resort area, we are already eating at:

Citricos
Artist Point
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona Cafe

And we will be having lunch at Be Our Guest, so not really keen on doubling up there.

Not looking for a character meal or buffet, but something with good food, a fun first-night atmosphere and convenient to MK (or in the MK).

Thanks!:goodvibes

If you have always enjoyed Ohana, I wouldn't change. We were one of the first groups who got the new menu (before people were even discussing it on DIS). I noticed when the waitress dropped off the salad and I was a little nervous about the change, but the salad was still good. All of the other sides and meats were just as wonderful as always. Go in with an open mind and I think you will enjoy it as much as always.

I don't think Cali Grill will be re-opened when you are there. We had wanted to eat there on our anniversary (Aug 24th) and it looks like it won't be happening due to the refurb.

I need a replacement as well. This is the one day that my whole family will be together (6 adults, two kids, and a baby) and I thought this would be a fun meal. Two of the adults are foodies (they live in San Francisco and eat at amazing places all the time) and I really want them to have a nice meal.

The issue is that we are staying at WL, they are staying off-site, and we will be boarding a charter boat from WL at 9:15 to view the fireworks. So, we need something this is either at one of the resorts on the lagoon (so that we can board the boat), or at Epcot (where we will be for the day) but we'd need to eat early enough to make it back to WL for the boat. We are taking the kids to 1900 for a character meal later in the week.

Any suggestions?

Kouzzina. Yeah, I know it's not close to MK but that menu looks amazing! And the Boardwalk can be a really fun place to hang out in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter