What to put on "Lost Kid Tag"?

Misskitty3

DIS Veteran
I am making tags for my kids in case they get lost. So far, I have their first & last name, Mom & Dad's names & each of our cell #'s. What else should I include or do you think this is enough?

Neither kid is allergic to anything so we can skip that...

All we have on the ones we use for our girls is their first name and mine and DH's cell phone number. We use the pet tags though and that's all that fit! :)

we put the hotle an there number in case heaven forbid. we even put home number on it so grandparents would know. i mean what if both our cells didn't work or something. Im parinoied so maybe i put to much on it im glad haven't had to use it tho he dose were it an he likes it so he left the hotel one morning with out it an before we all got out the door he said "what about my id i forgot it on the lamp"

so we got it but still its good when he likes weeing it

My eldest boy? Some days I would put someone elses address on it (he can be quite difficult), Joking aside, blood group is not important, as a type and screen would be done before any transfusion. I think name, allergies and cellphone number would be suficient.

I didn't feel comfortable writing my kids names on their lost tags so I just wrote"If lost call Natalie at xxx-xxx-xxxx"

I'm also paranoid about having my kids' names personalized on clothing, I don't want strangers to know their name.
I guess the birthday button defeats all that if they wear one.
But I make sure my kids know that I would never send a stranger to pick them up or "bring them to me".

Yeah I didn't want their names either. I think my inlaws thought I was weird for that..so they didn't make up shirts with our names like they wanted to.

On the arm I wrote 'if found please call' and our phone number

I didn't order fancy name tags or tattoos I just got Avery labels and stuck it onto the back of their shirts. While in line many parents commented on what a great idea.
I did that because I didn't want them showing up in my pictures but mostly because if my sons got lost and panicked I think they would forget that there was a tag on the inside of their shirts.

I ordered rubber bracelets and didn't put names so that they would be interchangeable among the boys. I just put both cell phone numbers and a short message.

One thing I did when my kids were younger was to keep a current picture with ME, just in case they got lost and I needed to show someone what they looked like. I just printed out little cards with their picture, name, height, etc. Never had to use them, thankfully, but it's good to be prepared!

We use the pet tags and put the childs name and three cell phone numbers on them. The pet tags are so small no one can read the names with out being shown the tag. My thinking was if my little one got scared and hurt he would need a CM to know his name in order to get some much needed TLC before they could get to me.
Also all the adults in our party with medical issues wear ID bracelets, too.
The adult bracelets have Name (again a TLC thing) condition and cell phone numbers.

One thing I did when my kids were younger was to keep a current picture with ME, just in case they got lost and I needed to show someone what they looked like. I just printed out little cards with their picture, name, height, etc. Never had to use them, thankfully, but it's good to be prepared!

That reminds me one other site suggests to always take a digital picture before you leave for the park so you have a really current picture with you to show CM's if you get separated.

I usually either write my cell phone number on my DSs arms or get those tatoos (which didn't end up staying so well with sunscreen, etc...)

I don't put their names with the cell number.

Also, I practiced some role plays, asking my young ones, "What do you do if mommy and daddy get lost?"

Answer is to find a cast member (look for the name tags to identify one) and go up to the cast member and say. "Excuse me, are you a cast member? My mom and dad are lost. Can you help me to find them? Here on my arm is their phone number."

Practice this role play a couple of times. Fortunately, we haven't yet needed this at the park, but it did get my son asking everyone if they are a cast member.

I'd just do cell phone #'s (since you said they had no allergies). I'm planning on doing the tattoos (it's not recommended to right with marker on their skin) because my youngest will be 2 and won't say "my mom's # is on this bracelet, can you call her" LOL

I am the same way with names. Their names are on the inside of their backpacks, not outside. I tell my girls to look for a CM or a "mommy with a stroller". Taking a picture each day is a good idea too, with a digital camera or your cell phone. That way you know exactly what they are wearing, whether their hair is in a pony tail, etc.

It's important to specify a white CM name tag. There are differently-colored guest of honor badges out there (we have red ones ourselves).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter