What to put on initial newsletter?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by DoomBuggy0922, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DoomBuggy0922

DoomBuggy0922 DIS Veteran

I'm putting together an initial newsletter to send to family and friends about our wedding. I have the date I want (and, of course, mention that it won't be confirmed until May), and the times, advice about when to book rooms, my contact information, and just some general Disney knowledge. Can you think of anything specific I should have on there? I tried to figure out how to upload the newsletter so you could see it, but it didn't work! Thank you!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. figmentfan814

figmentfan814 DIS Veteran

Here is what we put in our initial newsletter since a lot of people had questions about why we were having a Disney wedding, etc. I have six newsletters plus a template I can share with you if you want to PM me your email address :goodvibes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mindyjoy

Mindyjoy DIS Veteran

I love your templates! :goodvibes I am going to PM you, if that's okay :hippie:

5. figmentfan814

figmentfan814 DIS Veteran

Of course, I am always happy to share it. I just sent it over along with copies of the other newsletters I made :goodvibes

6. jtanddolly

jtanddolly DIS Veteran

Check out this thread. It has some ideas and links to examples of other newsletters.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2549262

Depending out how far out you are sending your newsletter from your actual wedding...here are some things to include:

"Our Story" - How you met, How you got engaged, How long you dated, etc.
    Why Disney? - Information on why you choose Disney
    Making Plans:
    Travel to Disney: Flying, Driving, Magical Express
    Accomodations: Deluxe, Moderate, Value
    Theme Park Ticket Information
    Dining
    Schedule of Events (important so they can determine length of stay for travel/hotel)
    Wedding Party
    Wedding Website
    Preliminary RSVP Information

Fun Extras if you have space:
    Budget Sheet
    Hidden Mickey Information
    Did you know? fun facts about Disney
    Weather
    Free things to do at Disney