What to put in your daypack?

We have a 4 year old and a 15 year old...we bring in our backpack...
wet wipes
hand sanitizer
small package of kleenex
small snacks and juice boxes (I order from a convenience store to have at the hotel when we get there)
Laminated paper with ressies and #s on it
squirty fans (for summertime)
tylenol (LOL)
Coach zippy small wallet for my $$ credit card and room keys
some ziplock baggies (quart size)...for various reason, but also for "sharing" popcorn or whatever we buy for a snack, so the 4 year old can hold their own...
sunscreen
camera
maybe some extra batteries

:surfweb:I bring a backpack, to carry all the sundry stuff we may need in a day. Camera, ponchos, filtered water bottle, (we dont particularly care for the taste of FL water, sorry) bandaid/blister stuff, sunscreen etc. The backpack, like your kid might take to school, works well, is easy to fit on all of the rides and mine is waterproof. :thumbsup2

I carry a small soft-sided cooler from L.L. Bean filled with the following (this is the hot weather version)....

three water bottles (one for each of us)
2 epi-pens
3 rain ponchos (disposable in tiny packets from the dollar store)
1 small spray bottle with fan (filled with water)
a few granola bars
camera
small container of sunblock
6-8 folded up paper towels
travel container of Wet Ones antibacterial wipes
alcohol gel
travel packets of benedryl, tylenol, and immodium
band aids
keys, tickets, money, & credit cards
chapstick
nosespray
a comb and a couple extra pony tail holders

Whew! It sounds like a lot, but it all fits nicely in the little cooler. :thumbsup2

You have gotten a lot of good suggestions about what to carry, and I thought I would pass along something I have found to be very helpful!! I have a small tin (I started with an Altoids tin to give you an idea of the size.) in which I put all the little things like bandaids, precut moleskin, tylenol, sudafed, hair ties, clippers, safety pins, etc. This way I don't have a bunch of little packages or loose bits all over, and the tin fits nicely in one of the pockets of my bag.

I also have one of the Altoid tins for a mini-emergency kit. Mine also has tiny Post-its stuck to the lid and a little golf pencil, a couple of individually wrapped Lifesavers (amazing what you can get a kid to do for a Lifesaver), a couple of paper clips.

It's so nice to slip the whole thing into the bottom of a bag and only pull it out if we need it.

Thanks for some great ideas for park-bag contents.

PHXscuba

I carry a shoulder bag that is about 10" wide x 8" high by 3" deep. Actually, I have several that are about those dimensions. They're actually a tad small for my daily use now, but they work well at WDW, as I don't need everything while I'm on holiday!

Contents:

Reading glasses (gotta love those over 40 eyes!).
Tissue pack.
Mini french purse wallet (a shade larger than a dollar bill and about 1/2" thick).
Itinerary (Excel spreadsheet printed on two sides: one side with travel and resort info and the other side with ADRs and park hours/events info).
Cosmetic case (5"W x 4"H x .5" deep): Contact lens solution (1 oz.), lip balm, sun screen (1 oz bottle refilled nightly in room), hand lotion, hand sanitizer, mini tin of shea butter.
Business card holder for KTTW card--it's easy to locate in the purse--and AP, if that's the ticket media of the trip.
Microfiber cloth (about 12" x 12" or 13" x 13") in zip top bag. It's great for wiping off wet seats--on rides or at outdoor shows after a shower. This was an inexpensive one from the dollar store.
OTC medications: antihistimines, pain relief, cough drops (it's really annoying if I start coughing in a show!), a couple of other things I can't think of at the moment. Just carry enough for an emergency--fits in a tiny zip top bag and flat in a zip pocket in my purse.
Bottle strap--it takes me a while to finish a bottle of water and the strap frees my hands.
Barette or pony tail bands to keep my hair out of my face, if necessary.
Small hairbrush.
Adhesive bandages--just one or two for emergencies. Mine or other park guests!
Small notebook with pen.
Paperback book--only if solo with TS ADR scheduled during day.

Typically, my sunglasses are on my face or head, although I try to maintain a space for them in my purse.

Probably forgot a few small items, but these are the basics. Sometimes tuck a small zip top bag (snack size) with a few crackers in it if we have an ADR planned and I get a little hungry at an inconvenient time--or if I need to take some OTC medication and haven't eaten in several hours.

Hi!

Now here's another question. How do you keep your itinerary straight? I'm thinking of keeping a small notebook with each days plan, all of the numbers I would need, what we HAVE to do and what we would LIKE to do, EMH, parade/show times etc.....I don't want to carry around the big guide book, just a small book with all of the important stuff in it. I mean, we'll only ever be a half day away from being in the hotel room (for our mid day break, gotta do it with toddlers) so I can check on anything then.
TIA!!

I made small 4" x 6" copies of our itineraries to carry with us in the parks that have ADR numbers.

Hi!

I'm wondering what you all have in your daypack/purse/tote that you take with you to the parks? I'm planning on wearing a small backpack type bag so that when I don't want to carry it my dh can and not freak out that it's a purse. I don't want to go overboard but here is my short list so far:

wallet, money, gift/credit cards, id, keys, etc.....

tiny rain ponchos (if the forecast is for rain that day)

itinerary with reservations and confirmation #'s

sunscreen, bandaids, blister stuff etc...

camera, cell phone

water bottles and a few small snacks

I'm a pretty light traveler so that's about all I would like to carry each day.

Now here's another question. How do you keep your itinerary straight? I'm thinking of keeping a small notebook with each days plan, all of the numbers I would need, what we HAVE to do and what we would LIKE to do, EMH, parade/show times etc.....I don't want to carry around the big guide book, just a small book with all of the important stuff in it. I mean, we'll only ever be a half day away from being in the hotel room (for our mid day break, gotta do it with toddlers) so I can check on anything then.

What's missing? What's unnecessary? Is this a good start? What do you all have in yours and what do you think is the best type of bag to use? TIA!!

Does your cell phone have a memo function? That's where I write lists to myself.

Some of you take more items to the park than I bring in my suitcase. ;) If I'm ever lost in the wilderness, I hope I'm with one of you!

I carry ID, room key, credit card, a camera, and my cell phone. And some cash. No itinerary needed. If it doesn't fit in my pocket, it doesn't come along.

I take a small bag with sunglasses (to swap with normal glasses when outside, I am near blind with neither on), hairbrush, spare bobble, sunscreen (factor 50), camera, small amount of cash and spare pin backs. I also have my prescription meds and baby wipes.

I keep my KTTW card and DVC card in a plastic card holder on the bottom of my lanyard, very useful and means I don't lose it as I am hopeless with things. I have a DVC hat that clips onto my belt as well, stops me getting a burnt scalp where my parting is.

I have on occasion also taken a book to read while waiting for DH to do some of the bigger rides.

Some of you take more items to the park than I bring in my suitcase. ;) If I'm ever lost in the wilderness, I hope I'm with one of you!

I carry ID, room key, credit card, a camera, and my cell phone. And some cash. No itinerary needed. If it doesn't fit in my pocket, it doesn't come along.

Yeah I don't carry much around either.

cell phone with lists in memo function
point and shoot camera
rain poncho (little square $1 folded ones from walmart)
maybe a small pouch with kleenex, pills, chapstick, bandaids

all of this in my daypack

In a wristlet that I run through my belt loop and keep in my front pocket, KTTW, money, chapstick, DL, cc/debit.

I could have actually dumped the backpack, but when I had a water bottle I threw it in and any small purchases we made we kept in there. I have done vacations where all I did was carry the wristlet (I carry the coach standard sized ones. Money, cards, chapstick, a few klennex and my old phone will all go in there. My camera I carried in my other pocket. New phone (bigger) this year but that's what backpockets are for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter