What to plan for extra day: a 3rd MK day or 2nd AK day?

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
Trying to finalize our itinerary. We have 8 days at WDW, with one day being a "rest" day where we won't do any parks but relax at the resort and head out to DTD in the afternoon. That leaves us with 7 parks days. Right now I have 2 MK days, 2 Epcot days, 1 HS day, 1 AK day, and 1 "rest"/DTD day planned. That leaves us with another day and I am trying to decide if we should plan a 3rd MK day or a 2nd AK day? A lot of the stuff we wanted to do at MK is gone with Toon Town being closed, so I am wondering if we will really need a 3rd day at MK?

I love AK, so I personally would want to spend a second day there. I could spend hours just walking through the park. 3 MK days would be a bit much for me.

I'm a big planner, so this is hard for me to say, lol. But do you HAVE to have something planned? If this "extra" day is after you've done your 2 MK days and an AK day, you and your family could just decide the day of...maybe there is something you missed at one of those parks or something someone would really like to do again.

I'm a big planner, so this is hard for me to say, lol. But do you HAVE to have something planned? If this "extra" day is after you've done your 2 MK days and an AK day, you and your family could just decide the day of...maybe there is something you missed at one of those parks or something someone would really like to do again.

:thumbsup2

I never thought of it that way.....:idea:

I would do a 3rd day at Epcot.

We may consider this. As hot as it will be, we may not be up to a 2nd day at AK; and three days at MK may just be too much especially with Toon Town being closed. My kids aren't thrill ride or live show enthusiasts (not even my 9 year olds), which is why we are only doing one day at HS. I think we are just going to play it by ear and think of our extra day as a bonus park day. I definitely don't want to waste any days on our 7 day ticket though.

I would wait until your there to decide... also if one of your other park days got rained out or something, then you could have this extra day as a back up. If you decide not to go to any park that day maybe you could do some mini golf and visit the boardwalk or something instead? :) It's good to have options.

If your arrival day is one of the park days I would put that into consideration. Personally, we usually only do 3/4 day at AK so I would do 3 MK days.

I would say a 3rd day at MK! :cloud9: I personally think that AK doesn't have as much to offer as MK, and only requires one day to absorb it all. MK has a bunch to do even without Toon Town, so I would think it would be easier to find something that everyone likes, and wants to do again and again. IMO, MK has got more magic to enjoy! I hope you have a fantastic trip, and have lots of fun, whatever you choose! :thumbsup2

My mom would be all over spending the extra time at MK but why not wait till your there to decide? Play it by ear? See if you missed doing something, or there is stuff you wanna do over and then go to that park. I too don't feel like AK warrants another full day....unless you have park hoppers and split up that day.

Play it by ear...:cool1:

I'm also a big planner but since you have the time I agree with maybe having an open day and see how things go. Or you can let your kids decide!

Here are my thoughts on it if you would rather plan ahead of time: I think that with the ages of your kids you could easily spend 3 days in MK, even with Toon Town closed. In fact, that actually sounds nice since you could take it a bit slower. If your touring plan includes both Dumbo & the Rapunzel meet & greet, it's definitely helpful to divide those up so that you can hit them first on two different days. Also, not sure if you are planning for the night shows but if you did a 3rd day at MK you could plan on doing it back to back and sleep in the 3rd day there. My daughter LOVES Dumbo and the character meets, both of which can take a bit of time for us. We also love the Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and we often see it at least twice.

On the other hand, the benefit of having 2 days at AK is that it would be easier to plan around the shows. You could also think of it in terms of which attractions at either park do you feel that you and your family would be interested in enjoying more than once (or twice!).

Have fun whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a great trip :thumbsup2

I'd rather do a second day in AK, but I agree with the posters who said to wait and see...there might be a favorite ride you missed or just have to do again.

I'm also a big planner but since you have the time I agree with maybe having an open day and see how things go. Or you can let your kids decide!

Here are my thoughts on it if you would rather plan ahead of time: I think that with the ages of your kids you could easily spend 3 days in MK, even with Toon Town closed. In fact, that actually sounds nice since you could take it a bit slower. If your touring plan includes both Dumbo & the Rapunzel meet & greet, it's definitely helpful to divide those up so that you can hit them first on two different days. Also, not sure if you are planning for the night shows but if you did a 3rd day at MK you could plan on doing it back to back and sleep in the 3rd day there. My daughter LOVES Dumbo and the character meets, both of which can take a bit of time for us. We also love the Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party and we often see it at least twice.

On the other hand, the benefit of having 2 days at AK is that it would be easier to plan around the shows. You could also think of it in terms of which attractions at either park do you feel that you and your family would be interested in enjoying more than once (or twice!).

Have fun whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a great trip :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Plus if your kids like the Boneyard like mine does, you won't feel like you have to rush them through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter