• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to pack?

myworldisjam

Mouseketeer
I will be leaving there on Wednesday and the weather is showing high 60's low 70's while we are there. Are we going to be ok in shorts and t-shirt? We are coming from Michigan where we've been having a high of, oh 10! Wait I think it got to 20 today. Just didn't know if we should pack the jeans and sweatshirts also?

I feel your pain, South Dakota girl here! I would wear jeans and sweatshirt on the plane, that covers the bulky items and get those capris/shorts out!!! I'd store the sweatshirt or a light jacket in the lockers that you can rent at each park, maybe even socks and tennis shoes if those tootsies get too cool at night. Have fun!

Spent over 5 years living just north of Disney (born and raised in south central PA) and still wore jeans and sweatshirts or jeans and a jacket or even capris and a sweatshirt this time of year down there.
Depends on the day. And once the sun goes down, it definitely cools off. It will feel nice and comfy after being up north this winter, but it still cools off and you'll appreciate something longer than shorts and tees.
::yes::

Just got back today. I wore jeans or capris each day, a long-sleeved shirt with a t-shirt over top and a zip-up sweatshirt/yoga-type jacket. The weather was lovely!!

I will be leaving there on Wednesday and the weather is showing high 60's low 70's while we are there. Are we going to be ok in shorts and t-shirt? We are coming from Michigan where we've been having a high of, oh 10! Wait I think it got to 20 today. Just didn't know if we should pack the jeans and sweatshirts also?

We are going on Wed too! Accuweather says it will be hot when we get there (mid-80s) but then will get cooler on the other days and may get to the upper 40s at night. So I always bring layers...hoodies for all and long pants but mostly short sleeves. We go every year at this time and we are usually fine. Can't wait for warmer weather! It was 14 degrees here this morning. :jumping3:

I feel your pain, South Dakota girl here! I would wear jeans and sweatshirt on the plane, that covers the bulky items and get those capris/shorts out!!! I'd store the sweatshirt or a light jacket in the lockers that you can rent at each park, maybe even socks and tennis shoes if those tootsies get too cool at night. Have fun!
This is exactly what I'll be doing when we leave in 7 days! :thumbsup2

Bring long pants and sweatshirts, scarf and gloves for evenings. 45 degrees feels sooooo much colder in Fl than it does up north. I think it's the humidity. Gets in your bones unlike anything here in the northeast. Remember, if the weather forecast is saying high 60's, that is the high for the day, somewhere in mid afternoon. Mornings and evenings will be well below that high.

:thumbsup2

I am leaving soon and I have been checking out Accuweather.com for an extended forecast. I think I will be packing jeans/capris, t-shirts and hoodies for night. I won't be doing shorts because I think it will get chilly at night. Of course if you go back to your room for a break you can always change into jeans.

Definitely cover all bases. I agree with the PP that said 40 in FL is colder than 40's other places. It's the humidity, I think. I would pack for layers (which stinks when you're flying because it's a lot to bring!). Bring two long sleeve shirts, a sweatshirt, a pair or two of jeans/pants, and gloves! The rest layering tees and capri's.

Have fun!

I'm leaving next week too. I use weather.com to check the forecast and pack accordingly.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on the forecast for packing. I did that one year, and found I hadn't brought nearly enough warm clothes (and that was in mid-October, when you'd expect it to be quite hot!). My last trip in October 2009 swung from really hot and humid (mid-90s) to start, then down to low 60s and very windy later in the trip. I didn't have nearly enough warmer clothes, and ended up having to buy some expensive stuff to feel comfortable.

I'd definitely suggest bringing some of everything, including shorts, swimsuit, long sleeves and pants, warm jacket and warm socks, and gloves and hats. Bring things you can layer, and take off as it gets warmer during the day.

Definitely cover all bases.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on the forecast for packing.

Agree with both of those statements.

It's warm enough for shorts here now, but gets cold enough for jackets and jeans in the evenings.

Supposedly, it's supposed to get much cooler starting Thursday. Problem is, FL has the most fickle weather I have ever experienced. You really just never know.

Just a couple of weeks ago, the forecast changed overnight by a full ten degrees for every day of the following week.

I'm having the same dilemma! Leaving Friday coming from MN. It's been very cold here so 60-70s seems like great weather! I also have to pack for a 1yr old so am trying to think of everything without overpacking…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter