What to pack?!?

PaulaM

Earning My Ears
Me :bride: , DH pirate: , DD 16 princess: , DS 14 pirate: , and DD 9 princess: are going on a disney cruise 8/19-26/06.This is my first disny cruise and i have heard lots of things about it, but not what to pack. :confused3 I know that there is a formal night, should me and my family wear dresses and suits?What else should we pack?Also, if anyone could tell us what we should do on our cruise it would be very helpful. Thank You lots!

Continue to read this board. I am a 1st time cruiser come this September. I might not know everything, but I sure do feel much more prepared. There is a formal and semiformal night. Gowns and suits or even tuxs for formal, and you can always opt not to participate. There would be other dinning options and even room service. There is a pirate night, I think about 25% dress up and mostly kids. I have not decided for myself, but DD10 is excited. As far as what to do, visit DCL website for list of excursions, and there is a thread called board basics(?), that will have a option for navigators, which gives you an idea of some on board activies and times. Hope this helps some!!!

Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums!

On formal night you will find many of the gentelmen in suits and many of the ladies in dresses so you are on the right track.

Semi-formal is pretty much the same but not quite as dressy. All the other nights are cruise casual which means the men will be fine in a polo shirt and dockers and the ladies in sun dresses, pant sets, or capri outfits.

A good place to start for more cruise info is the FAQ which can be found at the top of the page or just click the link in my signature.

Also the August 19th cruise has a very active cruise meets thread. Click here to get to it. Just intoroduce yourself and join the fun. They are a great group.

Try to pack 1/3 to 40% less then you would normally and do a load or two of laundry about mid way through your sailing. Beyond that - it's a mater of considering how you'll manage the luggage capacity at hand - against your heirarchy of "needs" with clothing and so on.

I would make a point of grouping your "stuff" by priority to some degree. though.

I imagine this may or may not help - but that's how I view it tonite!!! :thumbsup2

We opted for tuxes and gown for dh, myself and ds5.

Pirate night was the best. We had a group of 14 and we had a blast (and let me tell you some of these people are sticks in the mud and they had makeshift costumes on). I saw quite a few great pirate costumes. I also saw a lot of sad kids with no costumes, so think of throwing something together for them. I gave ds and his 3 cousins goody bags with pirate flags and coins to give out to other kids. So along with the head covering DCL gives you and the flags, the kids were better.

This board has so many good ideas on what to pack. My suggestions is to lay out everything you want to take and then take 1/2 it away. Take pirate costumes for the kids or at least buy tshirts for them (either at home or even on the islands have great shops). You do get a bandana at dinner but the kids love getting dressed up like pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter