what to pack -- this crazy weather!!!

disneylaura55

Mouseketeer
hi everyone we are leaving in a few weeks!! and this crazy weather is messing with me :confused3
every other trip it has been hot so it was no question -- we wore shorts, tanks and sundresses! but for feb 22-march 1....i have no idea!! plus being a family of 5 in 1 small room im trying to pack as little as possible! any thoughts??

I think you have to wait until closer to your trip to see what the local weather is. I just packed up my kids tonight and we leave in 3 days. My daughter loves wearing dresses and I just packed back-up matching leggings to wear under a few of them even though our weather says low 80's and lows of 60 degrees...I'm still worried. Don't know if that's a true extended forecast still or accuweather based on weather history? My son is 11 and he said he'll be fine in shorts as long as he has his sweatshirt at night. Trying hard not to overpack but now worried about underpacking. It's a tropical 6 degrees tonight here in Albany, NY area :).

We're off in 11 days and I'm packing a mix of stuff- shorts and t-shirts, longer cropped trousers, leggings. And camisoles to wear under t-shirts and sweatshirts because layering is key.

We leave in 5 days I am afraid this may be one of those times overpacking isn't the worst idea. I have been checking the weather and it's just crazy! Of course I'll take lows of 60's is way better than the -4 (before windchill) we had this morning in upstate NY. Just going to pack everything lol

We will be there almost the same time as you, Feb. 23-March 1st. We are coming from AZ where the weather is very similar during this time of year...my advice to you is layer, layer, layer. The mornings and evenings are very cool, but as soon as that sun beats down you will wish you were in less clothing! ;) I get cold easily, so I could totally get away with light pants/capris with a t shirt and a hoodie to take on/off. But, I am going to check the weather more closely when it gets closer to our departure...80's as a high typically means warmer mornings so shorts would be a necessity by afternoon. But think about your comfort level, do you get cold easily or stay warm mostly and plan for that! I can't wait!!! :goodvibes

hi everyone we are leaving in a few weeks!! and this crazy weather is messing with me :confused3
every other trip it has been hot so it was no question -- we wore shorts, tanks and sundresses! but for feb 22-march 1....i have no idea!! plus being a family of 5 in 1 small room im trying to pack as little as possible! any thoughts??

Also there at the same time. Crazy weather they had a winter advisory last night, and a friend said they had a 30% chance of snow last night:eek: I hope by the time we get there it's in the 70's. Crazy weather lately.

We will also be there Feb 23-March 1, and I can't is k any clothes until it gets closer. I can easily layer for DH and I, but DD3 and DS4months are harder!

May I suggest you pack both. I would pack 1/2 for warmer weather and half for colder and just do a few loads of laundry if needed. We packed a lot less on our last trip and just did some laundry while relaxing in the pool. It made it a lot easier with less in the suitcases. Just a suggestion. Have a great time.

We just came back, and found that we used almost everything we packed. We did not use shorts...but since you're traveling a little later in the winter it may get warmer?

Each morning, we all wore a short-sleeved shirt or tank under a long-sleeved shirt with a shell jacket on top. Pants the whole time (my girls did insist on wearing skirts over their leggings - they always look like a rummage sale but they have to pick their own clothes).

On the days it didn't get over 55, this attire was how we stayed. When it got up to mid-60s or low 70s the shell jacket came off, and one day we actually took off the long-sleeved layer. Interestingly sometimes inside the attractions were uncomfortably warm.

Don't forget bathing suits. It depends on your kids' ages and interest in the polar bear club, but we forgot to bring our kids' suits and they shocked us by wanting to go in the pool a couple of days. The pool was heated, so not so miserable...but what was miserable was spending $25 each on bathing suits at the hotel gift shop. And they didn't have any adult suits that I would have worn, so I'm glad I brought mine due to some freak chance.

thanks for the responses everyone....awesome that some of u will be there same time as us ;)

i guess we will have to wait till it gets closer ... but in IL right now ill wear my shorts if its in the 60's...it will feel like a HEAT wave its COLD here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter