What to pack for breakfast/snacks?

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
We have the dining plan, but most of our meals are for dinner. My kids wake early so I am thinking of packing them pop tarts, granola bars, etc., to tide them over until lunch where we will use a CS meal.

What do you pack for yourself?

Thanks!

Those little prepackaged bowls of cereal with the peel off lids are good. Only need to pack a few plastic spoons and buy a bottle of milk in the gift shop. We also found the refillable mugs paid for themselves for a week's stay if you do one beverage with breakfast and something in the evening. We went in January when it was in the 30s all week so unlimited hot chocolate to warm up in the morning and thaw in the evening was great! :goodvibes

We brought cereal, crackers, trail mix, granola bars, dried fruit like raisins, apricots, banana chips, bagels, and a jar of peanut butter. You can pick up some bananas, apples,or oranges and milk at the food court the night before and you have a quick and healthy breakfast for the morning.

We usually prep a bunch of mini bagels before a trip -- a variety of bagels, spread with peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, whatever. They're fairly substantial and will get you through until you get a "real" breakfast!

We bought muffins at the bakery on Main street each evening on our way out. Perfect filling breakfast for all. Granola bar or trail mix tides me over at home.

Applesauce-I bought the ones in a pouch (no spoon needed)

Fruit bars/snacks-real fruit ones, Raisons, Apple Crisps

Granola/Cereal bars

Bear Paw cookies-never buy them at home (special treat)

I bring little cereal boxes, juice boxes, fishy crackers, graham crackers, and breakfast bars with us. We usually use snack credits for breakfast itmes such as yogurts and bagels, etc.

Hey, I just saw that we will be at the POP at the same time :) ANd it's to also celebrate my DADs 62nd birthday!!! Cant wait to get there:santa:

Granola bars, bagels and cereal are wonderful for breakfast. You want to get to the park early and you certainly don't want to spend a lot of time waiting in line for breakfasat.

Also, remember that our little ones are much more refreshed and happy in the morning. So, get up, get them fed and head out to enjoy the morning. As the day continues on, you can nenjoy more down-time.

I pack those mini bowls of cereal too, we also bring pop-tarts (my kids like them cold), packages of mini muffins and pre-packaged cinamon rolls/danish from Sams. I also throw in raisins, bananas and fruit cups too. Snackwise we always bring lots of stuff like almonds, pringles, fruit snacks/roll ups but we usually end up just buying snacks since there are so many great snack options in disney. I can't wait to get a sugar cookie from the gingerbread house at the GF and a kaki gori in Epcot!

We do not eat big breakfasts but we are scheduled for two character breakfasts!!! On the other days we will eat from what we pack. We are taking a plane so here is what we plan on bringing: a couple single serve cereals, organic soy milk individuals that do not need to be fridged ( on plane), apples, raisins, apple juice boxes, and maybe some Pop Tarts for the kids ( I can't stand them). That's about the extent of what they eat at home too! We are going to pack Pringles in our carry on and trail mix. We have a two year old so she will need to snack more often that us.:dumbo:

We drive so I can take a lot of food items with us. I take poptarts, granola bars, cereal, and oatmeal for breakfast. (You can make hot water in the coffee maker for oatmeal, tea, and hot chocolate). I buy milk in a special carton that doesn't have to be refrigerated until it is opened. I take juice too. Apples are good to have. We will eat a light breakfast in the room and then I pack some snacks in my backpack to tide us over until lunch. This is usually granola bars, fruit snacks and water. If we don't eat the applesauce or dessert from our CS lunches I'll throw those in the backpack for later.

We pack granola bars, nutrigran bars, ritz peanut butter crackers, instant oatmeal. When we have a car we stop and get these items at Publix or Goodings. We also buy cereal, oatmeal, water bottles. It is nice to have a few snacks in the room.

If we eat our CS meal at the Pepper Market we use our snack to buy a bagel or something we can eat for breakfast the next day. It is great to eat a quick bite on the bus or in the car before the park opens. :thumbsup2

We found that we had enough food at CS to share some meals and to get two CS breakfast at the resort to share and then share two for lunch. On a few mornings we did 1 meal and two snacks. Worked well. We have also brought breakfast food from home and I fine adding a little protein gets us to lunch better. WE can not do peanut but if you can peanut butter is great. Cheese if you have a cooler is fine as well. We have brought many of the already mentioned items as well.

We are not that big on breakfast, so my DDs shared one muffin for breakfast. We used a snack credit. I also brought a box of protein bars with me.

We ate breakfast every am in the food court, but with our own food. We purchased mugs for coffee/ hot choc in the am. Then, we brought english muffins and packaged oatmeal (used hot water to make it). toasted the english muffins in the toaster. Also had a morning or 2 of poptarts, bagels or bought milk for cereal. Its very doable!!!! When its just DH and I on a trip, sometimes 1 of us will purchase a breakfast and we share, and then 1 of us will purchase a lunch and we will share (using DDP credits). That works too, especially if you are having a sit down dinner!!!

Thanks so much for all the tips! They are wonderful! We can't do peanut butter on our trip, as we are travelling with our highly allergic nephew. But that is another tip I will remember for our trip when we go with just my kids!

Going shopping today and then packing tomorrow! 5 more days!!!!

I pack whole wheat bagels and PB (almond butter is a good substitute) and bananas, apples, cereal bars with whole grains and dried fruits and nuts. I'd steer away from food with little to zero protein and just simple carbs. This helps keep you feeling full longer.

rice crispy treats...don't laugh. read the ingredients...not too bad. Cashew and macadamia nuts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter