What to NOT miss at Epcot with 4 year old

prestonsmomma

DIS Veteran
We are trying to plan out our day as much as possible at Epcot and I want to make sure there isn't anything I'm missing there for my DS. He will be 4 nearly 5 when we go in December. It's his first trip to Epcot and my first trip there in a long while. What do we HAVE to see and what should we skip?? I will tell you my DS is a daredevil.

Definitely Figment and my son (who was 3 at the time) absolutely loved Honey I shrunk the audience!

Figment is our favorite! But the thing I always seem to forget about is the characters in WS. We ran into Jasmine in Morrocco and saw Belle in France! Oh, and the Living Seas! EPCOT is my favorite park! :banana:

My DD who was 4 last year, loved Test Track. Also Maelstrom, and El Rio del Tiempo. We did not try Soarin, although this year we'll take her on it. My DDs didn't really care for Jouney into Imagination, nor walking around the countries. Hopefully this year, we can spend some more time at epcot. Oh, they LOVED the big fountain too. They could have sat and watched it all day.

A Snakebite at England. It always makes my day with my 4 year old more bearable. ;)

Turtle Talk with Crush.

Soarin'

The bouncing waterfall over by Honey I Shrunk the Audience

The fire safety drill in Innoventions West. I think my 5 & 7 year olds did that 4 times in a row.

The Figment ride (never a line, my kids love the show)

Ellen's Energy Adventure ( a must if your kid likes dinosaurs, good if you've got one falling asleep on you-cool, dark and about 30 minutes long)

If he's a daredevil, then DEFINITELY Test Track. My 7 year old has been going on it since she was 3 years old and hit 40 inches.

EPCOT is their favorite park, believe it or not! There's more, I'm just forgetting...

What they said.... :p

My daughter LOVES making the mask at the Kidcot stations at each of the countries. She makes at least one mask every trip! This really helps her enjoy visiting the countries - and she makes sure we don't skip any!!! The CMs are so nice to the kids too!

I was just there with my ds 4 and he LOVED doing the passport in world showcase. All of the CMs were EXTRA nice to him and he had a great time trying to find the Kidcot stops in the park.

All of the other suggestions are hits, too! :sunny:

I have three boys and they were 5,5 and 7 on our last trip. They loved test track, soarin, turtle talk with Crush, Spaceship Earth, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Journey into you Imagination, Innovations (one big video game to explore - they could have spent all day here), the character meet and greet area near Innovations (this was by far the best place to see characters in all of Disney - hardly any lines or waits), Living with the Land was also ok. We barely got to the countries because we had so much fun in Future World. The boys loved this place.

Another vote for Turtle Talk in the Living Seas, but the line can be enormous at times. Don't forget that the pavilions in the future world close earlier than in the world showcase, too.

Figment Ride! Cute and almost never a line.

If your child wants to, try Test Track. My youngest was only 4 when he first went on it and he looooooved this ride.

In England, in the one shop near the back, there's a meet and greet Character section with Winnie the Pooh characters (don't hold me to that, though! ;) )

My boys also loved doing the Kidcot stations this past time. We started in Canada and went all the way around until we hit Mexico.

The Maelstrom ride in Norway is fun.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter