What to get signed???

Funny I just posted this on another thread. We did the big white Mickey gloves. They are overstuffed so they stand up. We asked for the classic characters and Mickey signed right on the palm. DS has it standing on his dresser.
Brilliant idea!

We've done pillowcases two years ago (DD 6 has her still on her bed) and last year 9" glow in the dark vinylmations. The vinylmations came out great! I brought fine tip sharpies for those in dark colors. It looks great in the dark.

We did the plates. We brought over 20 colors of sharpies, I wanted to have any and all to sign the plate. WOW.....did they do a great job, every character signed it....but the best part, due to the design of the plate, with all the colors they had to choose from, they only used one color, the thin black line line on the plate....it is now a great display in our bonus room.....what a good memory piece.

I would put a picture on the boards , but don't have a account needed to do so.
If you like to see it, please send a PM with your email, I'll send it to you.

Side note: they do sell these plates at WDW.

Robin & Angel " D". :thumbsup2

We had a 9" red vinylmation signed with all black markers. It looks awesome! I watched ebay for months before I snagged one for $40. Seemed crazy high but I don't buy souvenirs normally.

My kids want to have photo mats signed next time. They want to display them in their rooms.

Don't forget to add a little something extra in the bag for the folks signing! Our cruise was in October so I added Halloween pop rocks and mini M&Ms.

Here is the ornament that I dreamed up and had made by a lady on Etsy. I am so happy with how it turned out. It is thick wood with plenty of room on the back for signatures. I also had a princess one made for my daughter.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post a link to her shop on etsy. It is called Celebrate Ornaments. She will do anything you want- she worked so hard to make mine perfect.

We didn't have anything signed on our last couple of cruises but for our upcoming cruise on the Magic, I purchased the plate like another poster mentioned from the Disney store and I think we will do a photo mat as our second item. I love the Disney Story book idea. I wish I had thought of it on our first cruise when my boys were younger. :)

We've done porcelain Christmas ornaments, wooden letters and pillowcases... We're going to take light switch plate covers on our next cruise.

We did the story books at WDW when the kids were small. It was great because all of the characters were excited to talk about their stories. It was also a great thing to have if we had to wait in line. I probably wouldn't do it as a drop off signature idea - it's much more fun to have the interaction with the characters. Genie was especially funny!

Sorry but I'm not understanding what these story books exactly are. Do you mind explaining a little more in detail or maybe posting some pictures?

Also, is you avatar picture a Mickey glove that you had sign? Can you post a larger picture? That seems like a good idea.

I guess I missed this but when and where do you drop off your item for the cast to sign? Do you have to write a note specifying who you want to sign or is it just assumed that you want everybody to sign? Anything else I need to know about this because I'm not aware of it? Tips, suggestions, fyi...?

I told my friends I want a picture of all of us dressed up on formal night (well formal nights? Because we're going on the 14 day cruise). I plan to make the format black and white (or maybe sepia? We'll see when we get there), and have the characters all sign a black photo mat, then characters sign in gold or silver. I thought that would be an awesome Christmas present for the Christmas after we cruise (cruise in September, then Christmas present). Have a sparkly frame, all of us dressed up, and a signed mat. Good memory, eh?

Robin"D";50554862 said:
We did the plates. We brought over 20 colors of sharpies, I wanted to have any and all to sign the plate. WOW.....did they do a great job, every character signed it....but the best part, due to the design of the plate, with all the colors they had to choose from, they only used one color, the thin black line line on the plate....it is now a great display in our bonus room.....what a good memory piece.

I would put a picture on the boards , but don't have a account needed to do so.
If you like to see it, please send a PM with your email, I'll send it to you.

Side note: they do sell these plates at WDW.

Robin & Angel " D". :thumbsup2

OK.....going to try and up load the Plate Photo
1st time loading a pic onto the DIS boards,,,,,

Let us know what you think :cool2:

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Wow, that plate is AWESOME!!! How did you manage to do that? Isn't it already a ceramic plate?? How do you get an unfired plate for them to sign? I saw a big pack of Sharpies sitting randomly out of place at Costco on Saturday, which I think was a sign that I need to get some and get a pillowcase or plate for DD.

Is this the case where I need to include some candy as "payment" for the favor to the CMs??

Wow, that plate is AWESOME!!! How did you manage to do that? Isn't it already a ceramic plate?? How do you get an unfired plate for them to sign? I saw a big pack of Sharpies sitting randomly out of place at Costco on Saturday, which I think was a sign that I need to get some and get a pillowcase or plate for DD.

Is this the case where I need to include some candy as "payment" for the favor to the CMs??

Thanks Sue....
This is a "fired plate that you can eat off of....did they do a great job, every character signed it....but the best part, due to the design of the plate, with all the colors they had to choose from, they only used one color, the thin black line on the plate....it is now a great display in our bonus room.....what a good memory piece.

Here is a link where you can buy this plate....

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-mickey-mouse-dinner-plate/mp/1307042/1000349/

it looks great on our wall....

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Oh ok, so you didn't re-fire it then?! Cool! I love this idea!!! Nice work and thanks for the link! :)

Sorry but I'm not understanding what these story books exactly are. Do you mind explaining a little more in detail or maybe posting some pictures? Also, is you avatar picture a Mickey glove that you had sign? Can you post a larger picture? That seems like a good idea.

We plan on getting this book. The new one cones out in June.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1423189140/ref=pd_aw_sims_4?pi=SL500_SY115

The gloves are provable the ones CMs wear in WDW. We have a pair I was debating getting signed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter