What to expect Jersey week

cmorris303

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We always go the third week in August since I am off in the summer and at least the crowds are low then. This last time the crowds were considerably higher than usual, so we are thinking we might want to take a break from August. This means that it's Jersey week, Christmas break, or Easter break. We're thinking of trying Jersey week next year most likely Nov 5-12. What can I expect as far as crowds and weather? Also, any pros or cons that you can think of?
Thanks in advance!

We were there Jersey Week last year and it was moderately crowded, but I think that was more because of the Wine and Dine half marathon than a school holiday in Jersey. We did chit chat with quite a few families from New Jersey, but it wasn't over run with Jersians. We are goi g back the same week again this year.

The weather was great last year. It was warm (80's) during the day, but a couple evenings it cooled down after dark and I needed a sweatshirt. We didn't have a single day of rain last year.

We went Jersey week Wednesday night to Monday this last fall. I kept hearing it was going to be oh-so-crowded, so I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't that bad at all. We usually went in August until we did Jersey week. Previously I would have said August was a bit less busy than Jersey week, but we just went for a few days a couple of weeks ago and it was just as crowded as Jersey week in my opinion, possibly even more crowded. (We only hit MK and Epcot.)

I absolutely love WDW in November as opposed to August, but we can't go for more than five days in November so we need to consider other times if we want a longer vacation.

We've been there in the first couple of weeks of November a bunch of times. Only coincided with Jersey week once. The crowd levels were pretty similar to the non-Jersey weeks around that time of year. Only downside is having to deal with all of the people from New Jersey. :)

we are going the first week of november the 4th thru the 9th. does anyone know why MK is closing at 8PM the first week? there are no other parties during this time.

Honestly Jersey week wasn't an issue. We just found Epcot extra crowded due to marathon weekend

Yeah - we went during "jersey week" and didn't notice any difference at all from other fall times that we have been. The marathon was more of a presence, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for all your input! I'm glad to hear it that most of you enjoy that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter