What to expect in December? Need help!

KMLOVESWDW

DIS VETERAN
Considering changing our trip to a Christmas trip since we have never been during that time of year. Looking for comments & help regarding things to not miss, crowds, typical temps..things like that. Some planning tips would be great too. Looking at probably the second week of Dec. Thanks for the help.

Considering changing our trip to a Christmas trip since we have never been during that time of year. Looking for comments & help regarding things to not miss, crowds, typical temps..things like that. Some planning tips would be great too. Looking at probably the second week of Dec. Thanks for the help.

All of the Christmas decorations will be up and the parks and resorts are absolutely beautiful!!!! We were there the first week of Dec a few years ago. The days were in the 70s and in the evening we wore long pants as well as a light jactet. It was not too crowded. I would think the second week might be even a lighter crowd. We were there the week after Thanksgiving. I think that the crowds for Christmas are closer to the actual holiday and the week between Christmas and New Years. MVMCP is a fun party to attend. It's my favorite Disney party. It snows on Main Street, the parade is wonderful and the atmosphere itself is just great!! The Osborne Lights are set up in Disney Studios and when we saw them, they had snow falling as well!! A visit to the hotels is a must. I can't remember which had what but there is a lifesize Gingerbread house, merry-go-round and many other wonderful food decormations. These were in the Boardwalk area. The Travel Channel has a show as to how and when WDW starts preparing for this. June is when they said they start baking and getting ready!! Christmas is absolutely beautiful and WELL worth going to see and experience. Have fun!

Florida weather in December can go from being in the 80's and clear, to rainy to dropping into the low 30's. Make sure to pack clothes you can layer (t-shirts, hoodies, tracksuits, shorts) and also bring a pair of gloves. We've done Christmas at Disney several times and we've been able to swim and wear sweaters in the same trip.

Christmas at Disney is AMAZING!!!! It's amazingly beautiful, amazingly crowded but we love it. :thumbsup2

The decorations are mostly up even as early as mid-Nov. I went for a short trip Nov 10-14, 2007 and the Castle Dream Lights were up and the MVMCP was running, Osborne Family Lights were running, most of the decorations were up at the resorts and parks, too. Neither the story telling in the World Showcase nor the Candlelight Processional were in action yet, though. The crowds were moderate but manageable. Crowds are even better the first or second weeks of December.
All kinds of weather - cool at night but sunny and nice (think capris and short sleeved shirts) during the day. Maybe a little cool for water parks, but that's just me. I prefer it to sweating during the hotter weather just the same.
Have Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter