What to expect for DL's 60th anniversary in 2015 (Starting May 22)

I braved Mice chat to get a look of the name tags. I don't understand the issue that some of the cms are complaining about. I think the look great and very festive. I am missing the dirty and cheapness feeling of the.

I braved Mice chat to get a look of the name tags. I don't understand the issue that some of the cms are complaining about. I think the look great and very festive. I am missing the dirty and cheapness feeling of the.

Agreed. I do see what they're saying about the Disneyland logo looking faded, but otherwise, it doesn't look bad to me. It's not by any means amazing, but it's a nametag. I never worked at DL, but I've worked at other amusement parks and I have to say, at least DL gives their employees new nametags occasionally. That cannot be said for all parks.

I like the name tags the more I look at them. They're sparkly. They do the job. I don't see the "dirty" look that has been mentioned. They may look better at night. The Castle always looks a little wonky in the daytime during the holiday season, when the icicle lights are just hanging there, appearing kind of cheap and tacky. But at night, the Castle is fantastic! So, hopefully the name tags will come alive at night too!

I had to laugh at the person's comment on MiceChat about how they should all be grateful that Olaf isn't featured on the name tags.

All in all, it will be a fun celebration, and that week leading up to the kickoff on May 22 will be very exciting and bustling with anticipation and activity! :banana::banana::banana:

In fact, if you go to the LIVE website, the tickets to attend the taping are for May 17 (2 tapings), May 18 (2 tapings) and May 19 (1 taping). So, it looks like they should be wrapped up before the 22nd.

Our trip starts Sunday, May 17 whatever time we get there after a long drive. So we'll be in the parks on the 18th & 19th. Monday is our Fantasyland day, hope it's not too slammed. Tuesday, we'll mostly be in DCA, so it'll be okay I guess. Then the 20th and 21st are the 6:00 closing nights. LOL! We picked that week because it should have been less busy than the following week. Now I'm kind of wishing we'd gone with Memorial week instead. Too much going on with all this hubbub, but we didn't know the exact date of the kickoff when we made our plans.

Our trip starts Sunday, May 17 whatever time we get there after a long drive. So we'll be in the parks on the 18th & 19th. Monday is our Fantasyland day, hope it's not too slammed. Tuesday, we'll mostly be in DCA, so it'll be okay I guess. Then the 20th and 21st are the 6:00 closing nights. LOL! We picked that week because it should have been less busy than the following week. Now I'm kind of wishing we'd gone with Memorial week instead. Too much going on with all this hubbub, but we didn't know the exact date of the kickoff when we made our plans.

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear you will be dealing with all this! Hopefully it won't be too hard to work around. Hopefully the tapings will distract the crowds from the rides and then you will have short lines! It looked like the tapings, per the LIVE website, are at 7:30 and 10am. Good luck!

I just convinced my husband we needed to stay one more night. If we're going to be there with all this hoopla leading up to the kickoff, then I want to see the parades and fireworks. Our APs expire in June, and we don't have time to go back before then. And with a new baby coming, we won't be back for 2 years. I didn't want to attend the 24-hour party, but it's worth the crowds if I can see the new parade and fireworks. And now we can say we were there.

Has anyone noticed that on 18th & 21st May, Disneyland Forever has come up in the daily schedule under Shows:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/au/calendar/#/default/2015/05/18
I'll just assume that's an error - as that's the new fireworks show to debut on the 22nd, right?
Based on the show times and location, I think it supposed to say Mickey and the Magical Map. If you look further back, it has the same error for most of May and what's left of April.

I just read about the taping of LIVE. I'll be at DL from 19th to 23rd and I sure know that the 19th will be solely DCA then. I don't think I'll even venture over to DL if the beautiful castle is blocked off with the LIVE stage. Let alone crowds of people..... Let's just hope everyone will venture to over to DL for this and DCA will be rather quiet!

Yes, the US calendar shows Mickey & Map on those days, but no fireworks or parades.

Just saw the 1st commercial for the celebration tonight towards the end of Jeopardy up here in San Jose! :mickeyjum:mickeyjum It was awesome, a bunch of clips of the park through the years and a voice over.

I haven't seen the commercial yet. I have to keep the TV on ABC in hopes that I'll catch it.

Rumor mill says there are going to be special touches at the hotels too, like special room keys, stationary, pens! I'm getting a bit embarrassed by how excited I am to see it all! :blush:

Are you kidding! I'm so excited I'm driving everyone around me crazy. Nobody "get's it" like those of us here on the Dis. It is so nice to have somewhere to express our excitement and have it land on understanding eyes. (If that makes any sense. )

I'm excited too! Only 33 more days until we arrive! But I'm also kind of nervous about this trip because I'm bringing someone who hasn't been to DL since he was a kid, and he's not really into it. Don't get me wrong - he's happy to be going - he's excited about staying at the GCH and he's interested in going on most of the rides and trying all the restaurants. I don't expect him to love being there as much as I do, but I really want him to have a good time. Do any of you have semi-reluctant people in your group when you go? Any tips on how to help them feel the magic?

I like the CM name tags and Mickey and Minnie's outfits! I would agree that the Disneyland looks a little hard to read in the photo of the name tag, but maybe it is better when it is not a photograph. I also agree that it makes no sense that the stuffed Diamond Anniversary Mickey and Minnie they are selling do not have the same celebration clothes as the real Minnie and Mickey. I don't like that. Either the toys should be wearing the blue and red, or the real Minnie and Mickey should be wearing the same silver and blue as the toy. Both versions are nice (I do think I would say I like the toy better if I had to choose one)- but live and toy should be matching. I am very excited about all the special things they have planned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter