What to expect at a hair/makeup trial?

Jilian

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a hair and makeup trial (with beaute speciale) and wanted to know what to expect. I plan on bringing a few different pictures of hairstyles that I like but will they try more than one hairstyle on me? What about makeup, do I need to bring pictures of will they just do what they think looks good? I want to be prepared!

you can do either! we did the trial run on our planning session trip before we did e pics. i had pictures of hair and make up, and i brought my hair accessories for the wedding. we talked, she looked at my pics - oh i had a picture of my dress too. i ended up going for a more 50s/old hollywood thing, because also it would go better with the e pic outfit. she did a great job, and it did help me decide that a) i liked BS and b) i didn't want the eyeliner/lip/marilyn-esque thing for the wedding! she did a great job and my skin and the make up photographed well, but it helped me decide more what i wanted to go for.

now, my hair is/was short - so there wasn't a ton of things to try or do with hair, but we did discuss options. it was really helpful. when the wedding day came, i had brought more pictures (i knew what to focus on) and let them do their thing - everything was perfect!! :worship:

I took a picture along of how I wanted my hair which Ana recreated for me and I loved. For Make Up I just said I wanted something quite natural which emphasised my eyes and she did that perfectly.

I actually had my trial run this past Monday on our PS trip with Beaute Speciale and they were wonderful! I took a pic of hair and a pic of makeup and she did such an amazing job :lovestruc She went above and beyond my expectations w/ little direction (and my inspiration pics weren't the greatest). Have fun, you're in good hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter