What to expect as a WLV renter?

dive-in

Earning My Ears
As a DVC point rental rookie I've searched these boards and found lots of answers. I've found the posts on the room cleaning options and charges, what items to expect in the kitchen, and even the map to the WLV floors and rooms. I think my expectations are set for all those things.

Now I have a few questions about the what to expect as a guest (renter) at WLV and not an owner. Are there discounts, special parking privilages, etc. that I should be aware of?

I also need logistic information. I don't want to miss too much magic trying to figure this stuff out. Here it goes.

1) When can we check-in and move in? 3PM? 4PM?

2) Is there a valet service that will hold your bags while we are at the parks and then deliver them to our villa when it is available? I don't really expect our villa to be ready when we arrive early Sunday morning.

3) Are you assigned a room prior to arrival or do you get what is available when you arrive? The renters made some requests for us on our reservation. Can we check the room status prior to arrival? If so, how soon?

4) Is the check-in at the main WL lobby or is there a separate registration desk for the WLV?

5) Can guests at the WLV be the Flag Family? I would like to try to do that and I've read you request that when you check in.

6) Are you able to charge things at the park and put them on your room bill using your room key?

7) Will purchases in the park be delivered to your villa?

8) If two families are staying in the same villa, can separate accounts be set up for each family?

9) Assuming financial matters and room charges are just like being at the WL, do you get a statement/bill delivered to your room on the last night?

Thanks in advance for all the answers. We are looking forward to a magical time.

1. You can check in any time. Your room may or may not be ready. This past summer at BCV, our room was ready at 8AM.

2. Bell services will hold your luggage until your room is ready. When you get back to the resort and to your room, just call them to bring it over.

3. The newest program is "Room Ready". Any room that meets your first two requirements may be offered to you if it is ready when you check in. Never, ever make a room request by a specific room number. If someone else is staying in that room, you are out of luck and may not get any of your room requests. Go with location/view, smoking/nonsmoking, etc.

4. Check in is at the WL check in desk.

5. Any guest can be the flag family.

6. You can charge to your room key if you leave a credit card number when you check in.

7. Packages will be delivered to the WL Store and you pick them up there.

8. We were able to do this once at OKW, but our room was a lock off. Otherwise, just have them take all the charges from room keys #3 and #4 (or whatever the other persons' keys are) and separate them when you check out.

9. Yep.

Have fun. You will like it so much you will want to purchase your own DVC points. Saratoga Springs Resort is currently selling.

Official check in is after 4 PM. As a renter you are not entitled to the membes perks but they may be given anyway. When you check in they will give you a packet of info. In that will be perks info and if your room key says member on it, you are set. These perks include a few discounts on dining and activities, a 10% discont on the length of stay passes, free valet parking at the DVC resorts (tip suggested) and some discounts on some of the tours. Get the person you're renting from to send you the list which they can copy from the website.

You can check in when you arrive, even at 6 am but if your room is not ready, they will hold your luggage and give you a card where you can cal to check when your room is ready. If you have any requests, make sure they're noted on your reservation before you arrive. Most rooms are not prassigned and even it is was, they will not tell you which room.

You can only have one charge card per account but they have ID's associated with each charge so you can easily sort out who made which so you know who should pay what. While packages can be sent back, it can take a day or 2. I think at VWL they are actually sent to your room but make sure as at some resorts they are sent to a central area at that resort and you pick them up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter