What to do?

brerboys

Earning My Ears
The 2018-2019 school calendar came out, so we know that our spring break in 2019 is the first week of April. At this point, do I call and reserve a room then pray for discounts. Or wait and call the day the discounts may (hopefully) are announced?

The 2018-2019 school calendar came out, so we know that our spring break in 2019 is the first week of April. At this point, do I call and reserve a room then pray for discounts. Or wait and call the day the discounts may (hopefully) are announced?

If you're going to go no matter what, call and reserve the room you want now. If you're only going to go with a discount, wait until they are released.

But you can always reserve now and switch to a discounted room later if you find something you think is worth the switch.

Depends on your risk tolerance. If you are going no matter what, I would book now, and get the resort and room type you want. You can always try and rebook later if discounts occur. Spring Break is a busy enough time, there often are not a lot of discounts.

If you want to book now, book the room you can afford before discounts come out.

I doubt there will be any discounts during school break periods.....if the airfares are up, so is attendance (generally)....I'm planning on Presidents week and assume no discounts so I will book as soon as my fam gets their stuff together.............

I think that your break will be a good time to go because Easter is later next year. Our breaks here (upstate NY) are always the week before or after Easter.
I would follow the advice to book what you can afford now and switch if a good offer comes out later.

Discounts are offered to fill rooms. If enough rooms are booked, no need to offer discounts.

And you see this time and time again- people who book in anticipation of the discounts coming out then complain about their room type/category in their chosen resort isn't offering discounts, because why would they need to if enough people have already given Disney the money?

According to a DFB video I just watched, you can apply a discount to an existing reservation if the discount is offered later

According to a DFB video I just watched, you can apply a discount to an existing reservation if the discount is offered later

Correct, but only if the room currently booked is available under the discount.

do you switch or can you add an offer to what room you already booked?

If there is availability under the discount for the current room type you have booked, you can just add the discount. If there is no availability under the discount for the current room type booked, you will have to switch dates, room type and possibly resort.

Our spring break is always the first week of April as well, and we went during break in 2016. While we didn't get any huge deals, we did get a couple. There was a room discount as well as an extra day of free tickets/park hoppers which was nice. It allowed us to enjoy MK for a short time the day we arrived, as well as extra meals with the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter