What To Do...

aide4

Mouseketeer
:cool1: Here is the scoop. We are going to WDW December 23-29th, myself, DH, DS 17, and DD 14...already have plane tickets. Got a condo booked for $535.62 But car rental prices are high. I realize it is holiday time, but I am not finding anything below $500 with coupons. I have put $106 down on the condo and have til October 21st to cancel and only lose my deposit. But I figure with what it is costing for the car, we could stay at ASMo for $928 and not worry about a rental car. We are not at the room much, so I am not worried about the close quarters, we are just there to sleep. So with the price of parking, it would almost come out to the same price......what would you do??? Any and all suggestions welcome!!!

stay on site...bf and i only stay on site for that reason...it seems like once you get a hotel, rental car, gas etc you end up paying more then what it would cost to stay on site

I think you're probably shopping for a car way too early. It's five months away -- you're very likely to find a reasonable car in Set./Oct. And more codes will be released between now and then. Don't know how the sleeping quarters are set up at the condo, but for the size of your family and the dynamics, I think it would probably work better for you. YMMV!

Definitely stay on site. Your kids are teenagers and you'll probably want to stay at the parks late into the evening (as everything is open later during Christmas week), so an onsite hotel would be so convenient. We have two sons the same age as yours and we have no problem staying together in one room. The older on likes to sleep on the floor (with air mattress), so everyone is happy. You'll be so tired at night, your room size won't matter! Have a great holiday at Disney! It's fabulous at Christmas time!

Well, I did it. I am cancelling the condo, just made a reservation at the CBR, my father happened to call before I made the ressie, I was telling him how we were going to stay at ASMo, as I could not afford the CBR, and he said go ahead and book CBR, he is picking up the difference for me!! I am sooooooooo excited!!! WOO HOO!!! :cool1:

That's awesome! I think you're going to have a MAGICAL time!
We used to stay offsite, and sometimes you can save a few bucks, but the new free Disney transportation, and the extra park hours.. really make it hard for us to justify it.

Plus, we love being in the magic 24hrs. a day.

Something I HIGHLY suggest, order yourself a wake up call on the first morning. Even if you wake up on your own and you want the call to come in a little after you're already going to be awake. It's always such a treat!

I do believe I have made the right choice!! My son will turn 18 on the 24th, so it will be an extra special time for us!!!

And, since the parks are so crowded during Christmas week, you are guaranteed entrance to a park as a Disney resort guest. Plus, you get the extra magic hours!!!

Call your airline directly. I just found out my airline Midwest Express works with Hertz. She forwarded my phone call and I got 45% of my rental. Try mousesavers.com too, she posts codes, coupons, etc., I was looking for next April and I found out the codes and coupons are only for this summer and early fall yet so be a little patient and keep looking.

Edit-sorry, I should of read all the post.
Plus where is Highland Wisconsin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter