What to do with toddlers on rides?

TweedleDe&TweedleDum

Earning My Ears
Do they allow younger kids who don't quite meet the height requirement to ride rides (mild ones - and i mean like they are only missing a inch or two) if they are with a parent?

Nope, there aren't very many rides with a height requirement anyway and the ones that do have it they enforce. Most mild rides don't have one.

We do the kid swap. They give one parent a pass. Then the other goes first and waits in the regular line. Once they are done then the 2nd parent can use the pass as a fast pass.

We do the kid swap. They give one parent a pass. Then the other goes first and waits in the regular line. Once they are done then the 2nd parent can use the pass as a fast pass.

When our kids were little, we would each get a Fastpass and then take turns riding. When only one child can or wants to ride, we use all of our tickets to get four Fastpasses. Dad uses two Fastpasses to take the child, then I use the other two and take him again. We both get to ride and the child gets to go twice!

Also, since our two boys have varying interests, we frequently split up, each taking a boy to a different ride. Maybe DH will take one boy to Space Mountain and I'll take the other to Buzz. Later, we'll switch so we both get to do all the rides, even if both boys don't want to.

When our kids were little, we would each get a Fastpass and then take turns riding. When only one child can or wants to ride, we use all of our tickets to get four Fastpasses. Dad uses two Fastpasses to take the child, then I use the other two and take him again. We both get to ride and the child gets to go twice!
Yeah we do this too. I should clarify my post - that is for when they aren't giving fast passes. ;)

Most rides have child swap. That might be an option. If you go to the disneyworld website you can search on heights. This way you are prepared when you get there.

Have a magical time!!

Quinn and Zander went in October, Quinn is now 11 months and gaining on a year. Zander is 2 turning 3. They went on most of the rides, with the exception of thrill rides, happily and safely :) I<3 Disney for making rides for the family!

There really aren't any rides that are mild...mild enough you would want a toddler on it...that doesn't have a height restriction. So I can't imagine you even wanting to take a toddler on something like Splash or Kali River Rapids.

All rides that have a height restriction do have the rider swap option if you have someone in your party that doesn't meet the height restriction. If there isn't a height restriction, then there is no option for this though.

my 4 year old is 39" she would love splash mountain..I hope she grows an inch by May!

Quinn and Zander went in October, Quinn is now 11 months and gaining on a year. Zander is 2 turning 3. They went on most of the rides, with the exception of thrill rides, happily and safely :) I<3 Disney for making rides for the family!

Me tooooooo, that is the best thing about Disney:wizard:

Just my opinion but I feel the height restrictions are in place for one reason. To keep your kids safe. I kinda get a bit rattled when I see parents begging the poor cast member to let them go on. End of the day if something happens to junior then who would we blame....

I read this thread title to be more like, what do you DO with toddlers on rides? Where can they sit on rides like Toy Story Mania and Spaceship Earth? Most rides I remember their seating configurations but these I'm not sure. Can our 23 month old sit between us on these rides or does my DH need to sit with her and I sit behind them alone, for example? I can't remember if TSM had an open middle part to that seat or not.

I hope that makes sense. TIA!

I read this thread title to be more like, what do you DO with toddlers on rides? Where can they sit on rides like Toy Story Mania and Spaceship Earth? Most rides I remember their seating configurations but these I'm not sure. Can our 23 month old sit between us on these rides or does my DH need to sit with her and I sit behind them alone, for example? I can't remember if TSM had an open middle part to that seat or not.

I hope that makes sense. TIA!

If I remember correctly, there is a lap harness for TSM, so I don't know what the CMs will let you do with a 23 month old. As for Spaceship Earth, you could easily put the little one between you and your DH or on your lap....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter