What to do with stuff...

totalfunk

Earning My Ears
My parents will be going on The Dream and wish to go to One of the parks after. They were wanting to avoid renting a car to do so and take Mears or a transfer but what do they do with luggage if they go straight to WDW? Also father traveling with motorized scooter. Advice appreciated!

Possibly go to one of the resorts and leave luggage with Bell Services. Have them stow the luggage and head to the parks. Make sure to tip appropriately! :thumbsup2

It depends on what they are doing after going to one of the parks.

Are they then flying out?

If so and if they are using one of the airlines that has onboard airline checkin they can do that and thier luggage will be gone and they will see it upon arrival at the home airport.

My parents will be going on The Dream and wish to go to One of the parks after. They were wanting to avoid renting a car to do so and take Mears or a transfer but what do they do with luggage if they go straight to WDW? Also father traveling with motorized scooter. Advice appreciated!

As noted, if your parents are staying at one of the resorts afterward, and taking DCL transfers, they luggage will go with them onboard the bus.

However, if they are just planning on spending the day at one of the parks before heading to the airport, then they wouldn't be able to take the DCL transfers to WDW. They would most likely have to get a rental car, or private transportation. But I'm unsure how private transportation would handle the luggage situation.

If they are doing the Onboard Airline Checkin, at least one of them must be taking DCL transfers to the airport. With the OBAC their bags will be picked up the last night of the cruise outside their rooms (checked bags only) and they won't see them again until they reach their home airport. They must be using one of the participating airlines to do this also.

Thanks they have decided to stay at AKL and will take transfer there. Will the DCL transfer fit a mobility scooter? Also at what # of passengers does it make more sense to take private transportation? There will be 3.

Thanks they have decided to stay at AKL and will take transfer there. Will the DCL transfer fit a mobility scooter? Also at what # of passengers does it make more sense to take private transportation? There will be 3.

Well, 3 is sort of the break even point. Prices will fairly even between the DCL and private transportation. It's more about what you're comfortable with.

However, with the scooter, private transportation MIGHT be easier. I'm fairly sure that DCL transfers can accommodate the scooter, but I don't have any experience with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter