What to do with old vhs disney tapes

gilby

DIS Veteran
What do I do with our old vhs disney tapes as I slowly switch over to DVD's?
One idea is to donate to the flood victims? Although not sure if they will replace old vhs players to dvd players.

If you have any residential programs for kids in your city, they always appreciate new movies. I worked at a residential treatment center for teenage girls who were in the state's custody- removed from homes, or had legal issues- for over 8 years, and they sure did wear out the videos they had.

Most of these places have limited funding too, so this would be a nice treat. . .as well as being tax deductible.

What a nice thought to donate them.

You could see if a local church could use them for the day care. Or a local hospital for the children's ward. That is nice you are wanting to donate them. :)

I try to donate them to the library. That way I know they will get used again by many families.

Kim

I try to donate them to the library. That way I know they will get used again by many families.

Kim

It's so sad that even VHS tapes are being phased out of our library...
I went to donate some and they said they are only accepting them for a short time more and that's not even to put into circulation, it's to sell them at the Friends of the Library like table.
I noticed that they are phasing out the VHS tapes for circulation as well.
I'm sad because we still use our VHS tapes a lot, but I can see their days are numbered!

I tried to donate them to churches, library and the school. They all don't use VCR's anymore.

I wound up giving them to Goodwill.

I know you already donated yours, but for others, another idea would be to contact the children's wing of your hospital. Even some of the more cutting edge hospitals still have VHS. They typically have a video library for the kids to choose from while they are there.

in a few years we will be asking the same questions about all the DVD tapes we have. We have sooooo many VHS tapes and we still watch them. Will continue to till the VHS machine is no longer working.

you can donate them to the library....our library has many that people check out.

I just saw a sale on a Dvd/Vhs play a couple of days ago!! This what we have in our house one the livingroom and one in the bedroom. We can play either, so our Vhs don't go out of style. Big budget saver!!

As I switched to DVD I gave each old VHS to my babysitter. She runs a daycare out of her home so she appreciated them and uses them a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter